cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Encoding Items in Purchase Order

0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

One of my users encountered an error upon selecting an item in Purchase Order.

Specify "Items per Unit" greater than zero. [A/R Invoice - Rows - UoM Value] [line 2]

As per checking one of the rows of his PO document, the Items per Unit field has no value and cannot be modified. I would like to know why this issue occurs even if Item Master Data has a value in Items per Unit field and what are the possible solutions or workaround for my user to successfully post his order.

Also, the error occurs to some items only. Hope you could enlighten me. I cannot find any thread with this kind of issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your reply.

I already did some testing. I duplicated the same item with error, but the new item has no error at all during PO creation. The item is not part of BOM, my client does not use Production module.

Hi Nagarajan,

I will try to test upgrade my client's database and see if the error will be resolved then. Thank you. Will update this post once I finished the test upgrade.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is an application error for 9.0 version. Please upgrade to 9.0 PL17, if your current version is 9.0.

Thanks.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should do some testing:

• Create a new purchase order, and only input the item that caused the error. See if this purchase order also gives you an error.
  • If this also causes an error, compare the item to a similar item that does not cause an error. See where they are different. Especially settings like Items per Unit, and Unit of Measurement, and such.
  • Is the item a BOM ? If so, it may be that one of the component items is missing the setting.

Regards,

Johan