cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Crystal report Support Pack 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already install Crystal report Support Pack 15  (v.13.0.15.1840)  in my computer ( Windows 7 sp1 and Visual studio .net 2015 professional and Visual studio .net 2008 professional),  but I can’t detect any crystal report tools.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know in x86 system, I cannot find the folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData ), so I try to find installdata in C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects , but the only I can see are BootStrapper,Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0, MapInfo MapX folder under   C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects . I also try to seek *install*.* and can not find any files.

Now, I still can not use crystal reports in .net 2015, I think maybe I should use .net 2013. This sounds not a good idea.

0 Kudos

See if adding this registry key works for you:

Installing onto Windows 10 x86 format indicates there is no VS installed - as a temporary workaround create the 64 bit regsitry key the installer is looking for:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DevDiv\vs\Servicing\14.0\professional

Create key named “Install” REG_DWORD and value as 1

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don:

My OS is Windows 7 x86, I can only find the registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.

After folder is Microsoft SDKs and office.

0 Kudos

Create the exact registry path I posted.

Or upgrade to SP 16 where the issue has been fixed

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Windows 7 needs to be on SP 3.

Is Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your reply. My windows 7 is 32 bit with sp1, I will try to upgrade to sp3 then reply the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to download windows 7 sp3, but the latest version of windows 7 is sp1, I cannot find sp3 in Microsoft web site.

0 Kudos

My mistake, I don't know why I thought Windows 7 has a SP 3....

Add the CrystalReportsViewer to the Toolbox and project must use the full framework and not the client version.

It works on my PC, Windows 7 x64 so not sure why it's not workign on your system...

You installed using the first link and not just the MSI install correct?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Don Williams:

I cannot find CrystalReportsViewer in my vb.net 2015 toolbar (win7 sp1 x86), but I try to install Crystal report Support Pack 15  (v.13.0.15.1840)  in Windows 7 SP1 x64 and windows 8.1, then the VB.net 2015 can detect crystal reports.

Does CrystalReport sp15 cannot run in win7 sp1 x86 system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed using the first link .

0 Kudos

You have to add the viewer to the toolbar using Choose Items....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Don Williams:

Now, I can add CrystalReportsViewer to my windows form via toolbar, but when I choose Add new item to my project, then choose Report, I cannot find CrystalReport item.

I have many project coding by VS .net 2008, I upgrade them to VS 2015,  the reports designed by old Crystal report can not be modified ( When I open them, they show Hexadecimal), but if I open the report in VS 2013 , they shows well and I can modify them.

Does CrystalReport sp15 cannot run in win7 sp1 x86 system?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Ah, if you get hex it means VS does not know what to do with a rpt file. I suggest logging in as a local PC administrator and doing a repair on VS and then a repair on CR for VS.

The issue is craxddrt.dll was not registered and integrated into VS.

Look in the install logs:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData

You will likely find a access denied error.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I do not find the C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData in my computer.

And I log in as a local PC administrator and doing a repair on VS and then a repair on CR for VS. It still doesn't work.

I try to install VS and CR in another PC with Windows 7 sp1 x86, it has the same result as my PC.

0 Kudos

Hello,

On a 32 bit OS you will not see the (x86) in the folder name. That is how MS installs on a 64 bit OS.

Do you have it now?

Don