cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: Invalid XML 1.0 state = EXPECTING IMMEDIATE_TAG_END,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am have trouble figuring out how to solve this issue of Idoc error parse failure when sending a X12 850 file to be mapped as Orders05 Idoc.

The error message states:  Error before sending due to idoc parsing error (7) IDOC_ ERROR_ PARSE_FAILURE: Invalid XML 1.0 character encountered within Idoc XML for type <ns:ASC850_004010  state = EXPECTING IMMEDIATE_TAG_END, charPosition = 72, LineNumber =1, columnNumber =73, invalidChar = U_0078 sourceSnippet = UTF-8 standalone = "no"?><ns:ASC850_004010  xmlns:ns="un://CenterStone_Inbound_850_Orders"> <S_ISA>^  <D_DATAELEMENTS

The scenario is to pick up X12 file via SFTP and pass to EDI Separator> to slip ISA's, then pass to 997 EDI Separator to create the 997 > send 997 to Trading Partner via SFTP.

Pass 850 file to Service where map translation is to occur, then pass to SAP via Idoc_AAE via tRFC.

The issue occurs when the file is going to the map.  I have tested the map output by using the test send tool to send to SAP the idoc is created with no issues thru this process, but when I invoke the SFTP the file moves thru the process, creates and send back the 997 then fails when attempting to perform the map translation.

I have attached the source file, the converted xml file, and the Idoc output file generated via the map test tool.

Any help or direction someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.  the error message is confusing as it appears to be looking for an End tag, but it states that invalidChar = U_0078(which is a small x)  I did not see any small x's where an end tag should be.

If you have seen this issue or know how to resolve it I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

You are getting this error because the payload that is being processed by the IDoc_AAE receiver channel is not a valid IDoc payload.

Looking at your error, if you see the part in red, it is still the X12 payload.

The error message states:  Error before sending due to idoc parsing error (7) IDOC_ ERROR_ PARSE_FAILURE: Invalid XML 1.0 character encountered within Idoc XML for type <ns:ASC850_004010  state = EXPECTING IMMEDIATE_TAG_END, charPosition = 72, LineNumber =1, columnNumber =73, invalidChar = U_0078 sourceSnippet = UTF-8 standalone = "no"?><ns:ASC850_004010  xmlns:ns="un://CenterStone_Inbound_850_Orders"> <S_ISA>^  <D_DATAELEMENTS

You need to check whether your configuration is correctly done, check whether the Operation Mapping that should convert X12 to IDoc is properly configured.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (0)