cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing QC related labour cost in sub contracting process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are following a subcontracting process where we give components to the vendor and receive the finished goods into our warehouse ( standard SAP subcontracting process).  One of the requirement from business is , if the QC labor costs for inspecting the incoming material from the supplier could be charged against the same finished product. Please let me know if SAP offer s a standard solution for this . If so , what settings needs to be done ( master data, configs etc..).

If SAP doesn't offer a solution , how can this be achieved?

Thanks

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

aHi

Create a condition and set it as statistical in the pricing procedure. Set it to do an accrual in FI  documents. Populate data for the costs according your standards for each SC material.

It's an idea. I hope it helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

When we talk about labor costs , I think the above option would be challenging just because we can't enter a fixed costs for the SC material . I think it depends on the volume of incoming SC material and the actual time spent on inspecting it which will help to arrive at close to approximate costs.  In the above suggestion are you recommending to maintain the condition types with a control record ?

Secondly, since the SC material as BOM , can anyone let me know if I can link it to the routing. If so how?<Text removed by Moderator>.

Thanks

Sri.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash - As per SCN RoE, you are not suppose to ask step by step process or documentation. Please help yourself.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can define the condition according quantities,and also to link them to scales, where you can define your own formulas for these scales, with the purpose to recognise better productivity linked to larger quantities.

If the condition is reluctant to your reality you can define the condtion as a formula, write the algorithm in a VOFM formula subroutine in your customer range and set your own VOFM in the pricing procedure.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD sorry, I forgot (the tcodes). We are talking about SC, so we are in MM

pricing procedure: M/08

Condition: M/06

VOFM: VOFM (look for help from an ABAPer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I understand correctly, the PO to the subcontractor will have the new condition type with the cost of labor automatically populated in the pricing procedure based on condition values. This means we are capturing the labor costs even before we get the material back from the sub contractor..right?

Thanks

Sri

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Right, but set it as statistical to avoid pay more to the subcontraector and set an accrual to increase the cost (take any rebate condition in a pricicng procedure as a template).a

Regards

Eduardo