cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message IO229- serialised and split valuated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Maintenance world, has spares that are serialized and split valuated which needs to be sent to vendor for repair and received. We are using the sub contracting process to do the refurbishment.

When doing GR for the sub contracting purchase order,   I get the error message IO229 - Batch for Serial number 1234 differs from document batch.

I went through some of the previous post and found a note which says change the valuation using IQ02.  However after doing this I still get an different error message IO231- stock data of the serial number is not suitable for goods movement.

This issue occurs only for materials that are Serialized and Split valuated

Has anyone experienced this issue?  Any work around or solution? 

Sarvan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This issue is described on the following KBA:

1999588 - MIGO: Error IO229 with Split Valuated, Non Batch managed, Serialized material

The following explanation is provided:

Cause

• This error is displayed because the Valuation type in Serial Number Master is different from what is entered in MIGO.
  • When Split Valuation is activated, it is represented as "Batch Records." This can be demonstrated in transaction MMBE.
  • Valuation type in prior goods movement would be updated in Serial Number Master - in order to avoid inconsistency in follow-up documents.

Resolution

• This is a standard system behaviour.
  • Valuation type in prior Goods Movement will update the Valuation Type in Serial Number Master - Master batch field.
  • In order to post Goods Receipt with a different valuation type, Master Batch in Serial Number has to be changed via IO02.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,  Thanks for your reply.

I already went through this KBA, The t.code IO02 does not exist, it should be IQ02.

After I change the master batch, I get error message IO231-stock data of the serial number is not suitable for goods movement.

Any directions?

Regards

Sarvan