Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for career in SAP SD module after domain exp of 5 years.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greeting of the day!

I am an engineer (Mechanical) with 5 years experience in sales and service domain. I am very much interested in SAP SD module, but due to financial issue I won't able to take certification course for same. So I need advice whether getting training from some small institute and online training sources can fetch me a respectable job. I am ready to work in smaller companies to get respective experience before working as functional consultant in bigger companies.

I need advice whether small companies will consider my domain experience and can get fetch me respectable pay of 3.5 LPA minimum?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omprakash,

First thing came to my mind, have you worked has a end user / core user in your company else you are new to this world.

There will be opportunities for Core Users compared to people without certification.

If you are a end / core user and when you learn SAP in small companies will be helpful else it will be quiet tough.

You need to try to search for companies who can provide training also.

All the best

Regards

Terence

7 REPLIES 7

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omprakash,

First thing came to my mind, have you worked has a end user / core user in your company else you are new to this world.

There will be opportunities for Core Users compared to people without certification.

If you are a end / core user and when you learn SAP in small companies will be helpful else it will be quiet tough.

You need to try to search for companies who can provide training also.

All the best

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir for your guidance.

I am very much interested in the SAP and its work profile, thus ready to invest needed time to gain knowledge for same. The only concern point is that whether as SAP fresher will I get opportunity even in smaller end user/core companies and will they consider my domain experience.

Regards,

Omprakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

First learn SAP SD module and get the knowledge of how to work in a project from your trainers and nearest ones (as you have 5 year exp).

Then try for an opportunity and get in to any level of company (think big) which will give you opportunity to work in the SD module.

SAP is a good ERP platform to grow. All the best.

- Kumar

0 Kudos

Thank you Kumar sir.

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Om,

Please go through the following blog regarding the institutes.

http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2015/08/13/best-institute-for-sap-training

Companies do consider the domain experience if they are taking you as a SAP Fresher for Functional.

Find a trainer who can give you a good knowledge and You need to read a lot and practice well on a demo system and then you can try highlighting your domain experience and join as a fresher.

Initially your motive should be knowledge and getting a chance to work on a SAP project as a Functional under some senior. Don't think about money, after few years money will follow you.

All the Best.

Regards

Shaik

0 Kudos

Dear Shaik Sir,

Can you kindly advice  from where would I get notes for SAP SD module. Also is there any online courses for same.

Regards,

Omprakash.

0 Kudos

Hi Omprakash,

You can find much material in web search. Take help from the people who are working in that module to get full idea on SD process.

Good Place to Start: Sales and Distribution (SD) - SAP Library

one blog may help - SD FUNCTIONAL STUDY MATERIAL | SCN

Regards - Kumar