cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Data volume on HANA - XS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a requirement to be able to show large data volumes on a UI5 application that I am building on HANA. The requirement is to be able to show like 20-30 million rows of data in a grid (if the need be, not practical, but user can if we wishes to) based on multiple tables in HANA. The product is like a data explorer of the underlying tables being built for a larger process.

We planned to achieve this by using an OModel (server side model) on UI5 and tying the same to a XSOdata service. The XSOdata service is built to expose a calculation view which has a union of multiple tables and a projection on top. We have server side paging enabled by default on the table control in UI5. What that means is that every-time a user scrolls (or does a pagedown), the UI5 control makes a call to the OData service with $top and $skip commands. This takes like 4-6 seconds and gives a bad user experience. The key problem that I see here is not being able to cache the result of my query. Is there a way to cach the result of a query on a calculation view instead of running the view again and again for every $top and $skip? How can I attain some level of state-full behavior in this scenario? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was reading about SQRC - Soft state based Query result Cache. Is it a good idea to use SQRC with SAP HANA to cache the output of a calculation view? This coupled with server side paging and an OModel on UI5 should give a good performance? Thoughts? What would be the sizing impact on SAP Gateway, if in a worst case scenario, 50 users pull 1 Million rows of data (may be 100 columns) which is cached?