cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP user restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way you can restrict users views of items such as purchase orders created /approved to show only the purchase orders you have created.

For example, if one department is raising a purchasing order, another department should not be able to see that purchase order.

My other concern is the fact that every user can edit any purchase order - is there a way to restrict this to only ones you have created?

thank you,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Rathod,

You can see that in access context at company level for this particualar WC.

So which means any employee assigned this view can see/edit as per his access rights all purchase order created in this company.

You cannot restrict the PO created per user ID.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

thank you for this.

How can I make sure someone doesn't accidently change a purchase order  which is not theirs by mistake?

for example, if description of an item is changed - po is not required reapproval.

Or is there a way that once a purchase order has been approved, it cannot be modified in any way?

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Rathod,

Unfortunately anyone with access to this WC can edit/change the PO. If any change with respect quantity, price or cost assignment it would be sent to Item level or header level approval.

you can also look into this

Even with item level condition you have the following option for re-approval

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

I cannot see this as an option in application and user management view.

Do I need to enable this?

if so, how.

thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos

Hi Jay

I guess your user was created before your system was upgraded to 1508, so you have to assign the workcenter view to your user(s) afterward.

We have the rule, that the user should not get suddenly additional views, you have to assign them manually to the relevant users (assumption: if you did not use it, you might not need it). That why we always suggest to check the release notes and check, what is relevant for your end users.

Best regards

Marlene

Answers (0)