cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Hard Bom Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have a product with a hard Bom, for example  named BAG001. In the Bom , i have a carton named for example  CA122.

But  i don't need 1  CARTON for each product BAG001 . I just need 1 CARTON  for 6 products BAG001.

for example , if i have a order for BAG001 with a  quantity 90, the systeme display in the WORK ORDER a quantity of 90 for  carton but i just need 15 cartons.

The problem is that i can't put a decimal value for the carton in the BOM. And i changed for different unit Measure in the master data of  the carton,

it is still not working.

We used most for the products a KMAT who is more configurable in the company

But for a fews products , we have a sku hard bom like the BAG001 and the same problem repeat oftenly.

Anyone can help for this please ,?

Thank you in advance .

Suverin Salomon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suverin,

I have a workaround for you if you have multiple components in BOM of BAG001 and one of the component is CA122. Now, setting base quantity for BOM header material to 6 will convert quantity of all other components in proportion of 6:1

Create a phantom material (say CA122-P) by setting SPK 50 in material master MRP 2. Now create a BOM of this phantom material by adding component CA122 as the single component. Change the base quantity of this phatom BOM to 6. now, add this phantom BOM as a component in BAG001 and remove original CA122 (already assigned in BOM).

If you create a BOM of 90 for BAG001, system will pick other components in proportion of 90 but only pick 15 quantity of carton CA122. Since you have phantom material also in BOM structure, it will not impact planning or staging.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit  and R. Brahmankar,

I would like to thank you for your answers. It was very Helpfull , it works as i wanted .

When i created the phantom, it doesn't affect the qty of other component in the bom of the final product BAG001. it's the better option in my case.

But if i had only the car112 as component  in the bom , just change the base qty of car112  will work also.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suverin,

Good to know it worked. If your issue is resolved, please close the discussion by marking appropriate answers as mentioned in below link.

Regards,

Rohit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can define CA112 1 quantity for base quantity of 6 in your BOM.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar