cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByDesign Excel AddIn with Win 10 and Office 2016

Former Member

When trying to install the Excel Plugin for Office 2016 on Windows 10 i alway get an error telling me that there is something wrong with the windows installer package. Is this a known issue and are there any workarounds to get it installed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had this same problem, but I found the solution in the end and I hope this works for you also.

The current Excel SapByDesign Plugin works perfectly well with Office2016 Excel the only issue is the installation script fails each time because it is looking for the folder Office15. Office15 was the folder name for office 2013 and Office16 is the folder name you get with Office 2016.

The workaround is this:

1) You need a spare laptop with Office 2013 installed

2) Install the latest version of the SAPByDesign excel plugin

3) Now you need to browse to the new folder that the installation has created. Something like: c:\Program files (86)\SAP\Add-in\Add-in for Microsoft Excel 2007\ In this folder you should find 13 files which make up the excel SAP plugin. Copy these to a usb drive and now move back to your Windows 10 Office 2016 laptop.

4) Copy these 13 SAP files to a location on the C Drive. I would suggest putting them in a SAP named folder within the Add-ins area of the Office2016 installation folder, but it doesn't really matter where you put them.

5) Double click on the file called "sapExcelAddon.vsto" and windows will ask you if you want to install. Click the Install button.

6) Open up your Excel 2016 and create a new blank sheet and along the top you should find SAP ADD-IN as a new tab on the Ribbon.

We have been running this plugin with Office 2016 on multiple computers for three months now with no issues.

Hope this helps.

tristan_monroe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Wayne for this simple workaround that works perfectly ! we had logged a problem at the SAP support without success ... your solution is really appreciated !

Regards

Tristan

timngyou1
Explorer
0 Kudos

This was very useful -- thank you!

Fortunately, I had an old Windows XP machine lying around with Office 2010 installed on which to do this. Not sure how you'd do this without.

The other solution by Andreanne below would not work for me because the installation rolls back when it fails and therefore doesn't even get to create the SAP and its related Add-In directory.

Best,

Tim

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Andie
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to share with you somethig that my colleague and I just discovered. Actually, it is quite simple.

To install the Add-In for Excel 2016 you can do the following steps :

1. Install the Add-In as you would normally do from the Home workcenter

2. From the windows explorer access the C: drive and follow this path :   

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Add-In\Add-In for Microsoft Excel 2007

and double-Click on the “VSTO” file and install the program. (Follow the screenshots below)

This procedure worked with 2 customers !

Hope this helps

Andréanne

d_weinberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andréanne,

Thanks for sharing this insight. Your solution worked for me on Windows 10 and Office 2016 perfectly well.

Best Regards,

Daniel

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks a lot! Your way worked for us as well.

Thanks and regards,

Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya

bala_kakarla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreanne Trudeau

Thank you very much. This really worked for me in Office 2016.

You are a value to SAP Community.

Best Regards

Kakarla

ulrich_hoffmann2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I finaly got an brand new Installation file from SAP that works with Win 10 and Office 2016. I've just tried the 32 bit Version. Don't know if it works with 64 bit as well.

I guess this Version will be released in a few days. If anyone needs it before just send me an message.

Regards

Ulrich

Yvonne_van_Stra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ulrich,

I am also in need of the installation file for Office 2016. Could you share this with me, or give me any directions as from where you have received this from SAP?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Yvonne

ulrich_hoffmann2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne,

do you have any contact data. I can send you the file. By now we have build a Batch file that will do all the Installation work.

Just send me an E-Mail to Ulrich.hoffmann@all4cloud.de I will Reply to that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

it seems, that the new installation file is not yet available, will it be possible that you send me also one?

Kind regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas.

We found that we have issues when having an Office for 64 bit installed.

It did work for me using Office in the 32 bit version.

Maybe this could be your issue?

Best regards,

Ludger Bünger

--

Custom cloud development with all4cloud.de

thomas_meder
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

you should open an incident to address this issue. This does not sound like an incompatibility issue with Office 2016, but some trouble with the installer package provided.

What you can try out first: installers are also provided via SAP Support Portal. Go to Installations and Upgrades | SAP Support Portal, and search for EXCLADN*. It will give you all versions. Naming is like release (1305) plus SP (support package, should be highest).

Best regards,

Thomas

d_weinberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Thomas,

We are having the same issues installing the addon for Office 2016 (the installer would say that the minimal required version of excel is not installed). Unfortunately, we cannot check for another version, as the addon cannot be found at the spot you mentioned.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lucas.

2016 office is not yet supported. SAP is performing test before this is officially supported.

Regards

Leo

tristan_monroe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Could you please provide us with a support delivery date with Office 2016; as a cloud solutions adopter, we have chosen both SAP byd + Office 365 (based on Office 2016), and this two versions are incompatible !!!

We just lost all our excel-based reports since we migrated to Office 2016, and I can tell you we lost the most interesting value-added of SAP Byd to our business.

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,

Tristan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an estimated timeline of when this should be ready? This is incredibly inconvenient for people who utilized this tool in the past/rely on it but now can't access it because their company upgraded their software!