cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PP/WM Kanban cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts -

I want to know when we create control cycle using LPK1 transaction and fill in the kanban fields it is not appearing on kanban board

could you please clarify whether the same kanban board can be used for control cycles created using LPK1 or will it only support for materials

created with PK01 control cycle.

Look forward for answers....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan and Rohit, Thanks for your replies

Please correct if i am wrong that there is no kanban control board for the materials staged using LPK1 control cycles.

Further -

I would like to know if there is possibility that system considers batch qty as my kanban qty in PK01 cycle. because the material which i am trying to stage using kanban comes in variable lot sizes but has unique batch # assigned.

Look forward for quickest response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Yes you are correct. LPK1 is used for WM related control cycles and hence not managed through KANBAN baord.

These is a possibility to assign search procedure to KANBAN. You can check settings in Logistics General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > Batch Search Procedure Allocation and check activation > Assign Search Procedure to Production and activate check > Assign search procedure to KANBAN.

Try testing with replenishment strategy 006 - Stock transfer with transfer requirement.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

KANBAN & WM staging, both of are based on control cycles that carries all the information regarding demand / supply and  replenishment. They are are created with reference to production supply area which act as a very imp master data for KANBAN & WM. Now, KANBAN control cycles are different from WM control cycles. In Kanban, you create control cycles with PK01 (or PKMC) which are only relevant for material staging with KANBAN. In WM, you create control cycles with LPK1 and they are only relevant to WM staging.

Both are independent master data hence details in WM control cycle (LPK1) do not appear in PK13N Kanban board.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please refer the below thread for more understanding.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/587470

Thanks

kishan