Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

S-user ID for certification: freelancer

Hello,

let me first introduce myself - I am Veselina and I am a freelance SAP consultant from Bulgaria.

Recently I decided to enroll for certification: P_SD_65.

I have not attended previously an academy and this will be my first attempt for a certification exam.

In my country of residence there is an option to be certified via Pearson Vue.

I have read numerous of threads and blogs on the subject and my understanding is that in order to register at their site I need to purchase a voucher from the SAP site and use my S-user during the registration process.

Here is the problem - I have no S-user and cannot apply for one as a SAP customer or partner - my company is too small to be considered as a partner and it is not a SAP customer.

I contacted a SAP education partner requesting information on the procedure to apply for S-user and received a response that S-user for attending certification exams can be issued only to a company which is a SAP customer or a SAP partner.

Is this really the case - my understanding so far was that anybody could apply for SAP training or certification in Europe and that there are even no prerequisites to attend an academy to go to an exam.

I have not encountered such regulations described when browsing the official SAP site.

If this is not exactly the situation in other EU-member countries, could you please help me find a SAP partner who will be willing to assist me in getting the required S-user - I need it to process the payment and ensure that the certificate (if I pass) is assigned to me. I do not mind taking the exam in any EU or even in a non-EU member country (as long as I do not need to apply for a visa to enter). It would be nice if I can also obtain an invoice for the bank transfer and make my accountant happy.

I really do not wish to get a position in a big consulting company for the sole reason to get certified (I have my reasons to choose the freelancer path and in addition - it would be unfair to the employer to get me hired for the wrong reasons).

Taking a certification exam is very important to me in personal aspect.

I would appreciate your advice.

Tags:
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question