Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Fiori Style Cockpit 9.1 pl7

former_member373665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!,

we have installed SAP B1 9.1 pl7 for HANA and we would like to see with fiori style cockpit.

anyone know how I can activate?

Thanks you.

BR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kbachl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

its quite easy. Log-on as manager-type user, then go to "Administration  Setup  General" and in that window then choose the tab labeled "Cockpit"; Then choose the Fiori one; Save this and then you need to restart the B1 client for it to work.

Thats it!

former_member373665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!,

thank you for your answer, but I have already  done.

when I run sap client (with option cockpit fiori), show this error:

"Errors or warnings found in the "Fiori-Style Cockpit" module; use the  following message when contacting your system administrator: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'UserDisplayName' of undefined,https://<hanaserver>:4300/sap/sbo/cockpit/index.htm"

and the windows doesn't show me nothing:

anyone can help me?

Thanks you.

BR.

kbachl
Participant
0 Kudos

The user has professional License set correctly?

Can you reach the URL via browser?

Has the "https://<hanaserver>:40000/Enablement/" been sucessfully initialized?

former_member373665
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, all is ok.

kbachl
Participant
0 Kudos

What HANA version do you use? -

(I had a similar error in my test environment when I accidentally didnt upgrade HANA when required)

(exact number from HANA admin screen)

you might want to upgrade to PL08 anyways as PL07  had some bad bugs, they even released an PL07 hotfix.... take a look at http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2175812

former_member373665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!,

thanks for your help.

The version is 1.00.091

When we tried to upgrade at pl9, this is error throwing:

Do you konw what can we do?

Thanks you.

BR.

kbachl
Participant
0 Kudos

You seem to mix the HANA and B1 versions.

Simply:

only B1 9.1 PL09 can run on SAP HANA SPS 09 (should be 1.00.97.00.1434028111 and above);

B1 9.1 PL07-PL08 need HANA SPS 08 (min. 85.3 and above)

prior it was HANA SPS 07

You say you have HANA 1.00.91 and this is not supported by B1.

You need to upgrade first to HANA SPS 09 version 1.00.97 !

The error you get is the "XAPP_Postupgrade fails" and this componenct is the component that powers the fiori-cockpit.

You now need to uninstall the B1ServerTools, then upgrade you HANA to 1.00.97 and then reinstall the B1ServerTools and then it should work.

Make sure you do a full backup of the HANA instance before you start; Dont rely on the B1 backup for this but instead use the "Backup"-Tool in HANA-Studio!

PS: I once had this same error back in PL06 times. The solution was to completetly uninstall the B1ServerTools and then reboot the HANA machine and then re-install the B1ServerTools;

PPS: B1ServerTools in this context means all components from B1 that run on the HANA server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Korbinian,

I'm looking for HANA 1.00.97 as a whole package but so far I've just found a SAR file called IMDB 1.00.97 (i think it's the HANA standalone database).

Is there a way to download 1.00.97 with ALL the components included?

Thank you

kbachl
Participant
0 Kudos

AFAIK there is a SPS09 plattform edition that has all in it. However, I dont know if this is supported for B1.  Last time I pointed on these our partner contact denied that it is approved for B1 (even I dont see a reason why these wont work);

You need the IMDB sar as well as the AFL sar for a basic install; just extract these in side by side directorys and then start the graphical hana upgrade utility; It should pickup both of these and ask you if you want to install/ upgrade these.

Im currently not in my office so I cant offer more detail here;

Also you need to make sure you have the necessary HANA drivers for windows to install these on the windows client machines.

(usually you need both - 32 + 64 bit - drivers for a typical client)

Best

greg_niecka
Participant
0 Kudos

Do not roll back the changes - just close this upgrade window.

Reinstall XApps only.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Korbinian, I downloaded the components separately and I finally was able to upgrade HANA to rev 97, and then update SBO 9.1 from PL07 to PL09 successfully as well.

Now Fiori is working flawlessly

Thank you again for all your instructions!

kbachl
Participant
0 Kudos

Glad to hear!

kbachl
Participant
0 Kudos

If you go this way then you save about 10 minute install routine on a HANA machine vs. the risk of having any unsatisfied other problems;

I always would completely wipe the B1 part first in case you need to bring HANA to an B1 supported version level.

Answers (0)