cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C Mobility synchronization rules & Screens design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have 2 topics where I need some clarifications. If you can bring me some answers I would greatly appreciate.

1. Synchronization rules of C4C datas on mobile device in offline mode

a) Actually offline mode is available on iPad device. I guess it will be extend to other mobile OS as Android & Win 8.1/10.

• Can you confirm ?

b) I would like to know what are the synchronization rules for a mobile user on his device.

• Are the masterdatas and transactions synchronized on the device via his territory ? What are the rules ? I can't see any informations on it in the IT guide, section "iPad Offline Mode"
  • Can we influence the synchronization ? For example based on transactions period, object status and so on ?
  • What is the communication language between the mobile app and C4C ? Is it based on oData protocol ?
  • Could we use the C4C synchronization engine with an home-made mobile app ?

2. Screen design and ergonomy

I did read that we can brand a custom logo, custom wallpaper. Ok. But :

• Can we change the CSS style of the whole application (C4C and mobile app) ?
  • Can we change the structure of the screens (layout, canvas ...) ?
  • If the answers of the above questions are negative, does it mean that we have to delevop out-of-C4C screens (with HCP for example) and call the C4C C.R.U.D oData methods ?

I hope these are not stupid questions 😉

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

1a - With the new Extended Edition applications, offline mode is now available on iOS, Android and Windows 8.1 devices (tablets/desktops).

1b - You can configure the rules to download data offline (by territory, time-period for transactions). Check out the my post at for more details. We will be updating the setup guide with this info as well.

We do not use oData internally for the synchronization - we use our own custom protocol.

For a custom app, you would have to build your own sychronization engine and logic around it (using oData for example).

2. You can use the KUT to change the layouts - changes made would be relevant both online and offline.

Changing the whole layout using CSS is not supported.

Regards,

Ankan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankan,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to be sure, when you say "2. You can use the KUT to change the layouts - changes made would be relevant both online and offline." , you mean changing fields labels, fields positions, restriction values ... as decribed here right ? :

But is it possible to really change the screens structure (e.g position of the menu bar, positions and size of buttons, display pages inside a guided procedure (wizard) ...).

Kind regards.

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the post you link describes some of the possible features of KUT. Additionally even adding new fields are possible using KUT - and these new fields would be available offline!

Cloud for Customer does not support the changing of the screen structure as you describe above - in the Web interface or in the mobile apps.

This is by design as the UX paradigm in Cloud for Customer is pattern based and we follow a fixed set of patterns to make the experience consistent through out the product.

For such a scenario, the best bet would probably be building a custom mobile app (with a UI completely in your control) which talks to Cloud for Customer using our oData services.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laurent M wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I have 2 topics where I need some clarifications. If you can bring me some answers I would greatly appreciate.

1. Synchronization rules of C4C datas on mobile device in offline mode

a) Actually offline mode is available on iPad device. I guess it will be extend to other mobile OS as Android & Win 8.1/10.

• Can you confirm ?

Check out for more information regarding this matter.

Thank you.