cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles and Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created multiple flavors and I want them to assign to different users. How can I do this?

E.g.  I have a flavor for Human Resource transaction and I want this flavor to be assigned as default to User1. So when he logs in the SAP Netweaver - he doesn' t see basic SAP screen, but the flavor instantly and then do his job from there.

I hope I explained it clearly, because I really nee someone wiser to explain it to me step by step.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

you were on the right path, just stopped too early. Going to transaction /PERSONAS/ROLES shows you roles you already "registered" for screen personas. There is a button "Add role" where you can add roles from your pfcg role sets. You get another screen where you can enter the name of your role at the top left.

On the right side you can add flavors which should be assigned to users with this role. There you can simply check the box for "standard" after checking the other box as well.

That should solve your problem.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristoph,

Thank you, Yes I found the thread

but the thing is when I try to add role /Personas/Consumer_role/ it says "Consumer_Role is already added to the Personas"  But when entering /PERSONAS/ROLES and searching - it just gives me blank table, so this is where
I get confused - I can' t add because it's already defined, but then again it doesn't  show up in the screen....
What could be the issue?

This is what I get when searching for roles in PERSONAS/ROLES

and this is what I get when trying to add Consumer_role:

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oh i remember that i had a similar problem some time ago. Please try to go to /PERSONAS/ROLES and switch the selection to "Existing & deleted roles" and execute without further selection criteria. You should get to see the roles which were already added. I think there was a note some time ago fixing a bug in this tool so you don't get to see those roles.

If it works, simply double click the role name and you can edit the role and save it. That worked for me. Please let me know if that leads to any search results.

Otherwise you can take two ways:

1. Open an OSS for SAP to clean up your role configuration.

2. Do it yourself. Go to se16n -> Table /PERSONAS/ROLES. There you should find your role you want to add. Delete the entry. Make sure you also delete all entries for this role in the following tables:

/PERSONAS/ROFLAS, /PERSONAS/ROFLSH, /PERSONAS/ROTHAS

If you are not comfortable with the second way, please open an OSS anyway. There are several bugs in this transaction that should be fixed.

Regards,

Christoph

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Christoph is correct, the role was probably added earlier and was deleted. Follow his advice and you should find it in the list as marked deleted. You can restore it if you want.

Deleting roles marked for deletion will be included in the cleanup tool with the soon upcoming SP02. Until then, they can be permanently removed via transaction /PERSONAS/ROLES if so desired.

However I think that in the described scenario, flavors should not be assigned to the generic consumer role but something more specific to a role that User1 has.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cristoph an Tamas,

Thank you for the help! Yes I found the role when looking for deleted roles and restored it. Additionally I have created new role in SAP and gave it authorization as described in .

Further I have assigned Flavor to this role and assigned role to the user ZZ_BUSGEO. and I have set flavor HR (Flavor3) for this role as default.

BUT - when I log on as ZZ_BUSGEO - I see the standard screen, without P - option to change flavor.

So now I'm lost again. Can someone of you can please describe to me process - how can I assign flavor to be default for some role?

I have added screenshots from SU01, PFCG and PERSONAS/ROLES.

SU01 - for user _BUSGEO

PFCG

Authorization profile ZZ_BUSGEO

PERSONAS/ROLES

So to my understanding every User with consumer Role - should have HR (Flavor 3) as a default on Log on. Correct?

If it's too hard to find the mistake in this, maybe you can explain the process from the beginning.

Thanks guys for help, I really appreciate it

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

please check if the user has the right to open the flavor. You find this by looking into PFCG -> <role> -> Change authorization data (look into the profile) and open the block for screen personas authorization. There you should find the authorization object "P_RUNTIME" with at least ACTVT = 01, Framework 01 and Application * so the user can see flavors he got assigned in every transaction. You can look this up here:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100013158972014E

For which transaction did you define the flavor? Is it set up on SMEN so the user gets to see the flavor on logon or did you create it for a specific transaction? Then the user has to enter this transaction first to see the flavor. It is only set as default for the specific transaction, not in general after logon.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cristoph,

thank you for the explanation - Role was missing the authorization for RUNTIME Activity and FrameWork, so I changed it and now this user is able to change flavors, but not edit them! Great help, thanks!

But there' s still issue with the default flavor - I'm trying to assign this HR flavor for SMEN - so it would be default on logon for all users with this role - but it' s not working - still when I log in as ZZ_BUSGEO I get SAP original screen. but I would like that users with this role couldn't  access the original SAP menu - just the flavors for HR transactions they are given authorization.

Look at the screenshots with your professional eye, maybe there's something missing still:

PFCG Menu for role:

Authorization for HR and Personas for role:

and Personas Role management

Thank you

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

i'm sorry i can't find anything missing. I did the exact same thing as you did: created a role with the same rights as you have, added a smen flavor as default and took a user with no other role than the mentioned one. When i log into Screen Personas, i get the flavor displayed as expected and not the normal sap menu...

Does this user have any other role from screen personas with a higher rank? This could lead to a different behaviour. If not, i can't think of anything missing right now. Did you close your browser in between to reset the cache? Otherwise screen personas will keep a lot of information about user rights etc. in the browser cache without updating it from the backend.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Christoph for your thoughts and help - indeed user had some other roles assigned, that probably were creating the confusion in the system. I deleted the additional roles and now it's working properly!

Thank you so much! I hope you will help me future quests again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, when I enter /PERSONAS/ROLES/ the search gives me nothing - no roles in the table to show - why is that? Although I have got Admin role and Consumer Roles created.

Even further - if within the organization - I want to, say, for example, make Flavor1 default for all accountants. Flavor 2 and Flavor 4 accesible for sales persons... (you get the idea, I hope)

- how can I do this?? Like - assign flavor to roles not user by user?