cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating SAP PI 7.4 dual stack to HANA - options?

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I've been searching for definitive answers to these questions and it's proving a little tricky.

We've got a SAP PI 7.4 (SP 12) dual stack instance.

Next year, we would like to migrate all our SAP components to HANA.   What are our options here?

Dual stack is not an option on HANA, correct?   So we'll need to go to single Java stack.

Also, are we required to migrate/move to Process Orchestration? 

Thank you for any and all clarification.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This thread is interesting, i have seen that concretely PI is the exception, check the point 5.2: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60bf3650-e219-3010-ef93-d11928aa8...

If you go to the PAM:

In my opinion it is a good idea to think the change to a single stack and to be more ambitious when important upgrade is planned.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Next year, we would like to migrate all our SAP components to HANA.   What are our options here?

Options related to PI?

Dual stack is not an option on HANA, correct?   So we'll need to go to single Java stack.

You can go with Dual stack also,but SAP will stop supporting from 2020.

Also, are we required to migrate/move to Process Orchestration?  .

PO will be better choice.

0 Kudos

Ah, thanks Raghuraman!

Yes - just options specifically relating to PI. 

That's great news that we can go to dual stack on HANA and don't need to go to PO.

It's in my roadmap to eventually go to single stack and PO, but it would be convenient if we didn't have to do those at the same time as moving to HANA.

Chris

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

As Inaki suggested,Its better to go with Single stack.