cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Centre Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

Is there a way in SAP of conducting a fixed/variable split of each Cost Element in a Cost Centre without an Activity Type.  This is for indirect costs only and i would like to get the split done before moving to KEU5.

I have explored KP26, KP06 etc and these always seem to need an Activity Type to process the splitting.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI david ,

You can do that in Kp26 and KP06 by defining your own layout for Planning There is very useful docuemnt  for that SDN as well.

Excel Planning In Cost Center Accounting - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.  Ill have a look through.

David.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

So far I know that you can't plan Fixed & Variable without Activity planning because logic is that variable cost is always varies with the volume of qty but fixed is by nature is fixed in total amount

irrespective of qty/volume of production.

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

That is correct, however, we do all of our Business planning outside of SAP.  We then determine % proportion for each Cost Element and Cost Centre which is used to derive our Cost Centre Reporting.

However, when we do the COPA P&L we have to try and replicate the fixed variable proportions into their respective value fields by using KE28 and KEU5.  We are finding it quite difficult to maintain the complexity of the planned fixed/variable split using our current methods.

I am searching for alternative solutions and have no real IT support, me being an Accountant, The Cost Centre splitting looks like it would really work well for the use i need it for, but i am struggling to get passed the activity type.

Any other suggestions would be very welcome.

David.

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You mean to say that suppose one CE have 100 value in total you want to make a report 40 as fixed and 60 as variable...in copa report to make a contribution margin..is it?

If that is the case use COPA scheme where you can make this value field through formula

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

That right, but it is different for each Cost Centre.  Each Cost Centre we have will have a different Fixed/Variable split for each Cost Element used within it.

So for example

CC 100

CE 1010:  Fixed 40%, variable 60%

CE 1020: Fixed 30%, variable 70%

CC 110

CE 1010: Fixed 60%, variable 40%

CE 1020: Fixed 20%, variable 80%

Can this still be done using COPA Scheme?  And if so, is there documentation available for this?

Thanks for all your help.

David.

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Ohhh.. it is in combination with CC and CE in diff %..so in standard no such mechanism so far I know. You have to develop Z-report for splitting with that combination and then use that data in your COPA.

If any other have faced this scenario may give some suggestion....

Kamal