cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Free of Charge or OEM Version with BPA 9?

iñigo_rekalde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have CPS 8.0 with the license Free of Charge now called OEM.

We are trying to migrate from CPS 8.0 to BPA 9.0.

This is a excerpt from the SAP BPA Install Guide version 9.0.13.1.

---------------------

5.6 Installing a License

A OEM license is only available for installations on SAP NetWeaver.

You can also use the OEM license, which does not require you to request a license. On the licensing page, you

need to fill in your company name and choose Generate OEM License.

--------------------

In our installation we can´t find "Generate OEM License" button like we did in CPS 8, so we decided to create an OSS ticket.

The answer was:

----------------------------

There is no OEM license available for SAP BPA Version9. If you are

interested in obtaining an enterprise license, please contact you

local SAP/Redwood Sales representative.

There does exist a free OEM license for SAP CPS Version8. You can

activate the OEM license in CPS 8 yourself at first logon.

---------------------------

Any of idea why the oficial documentation says one thing and the SAP Support the opposite?

Who is right?

Best regards,

Iñigo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i040689
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is a mistake in the admin guides, this has now been removed and updated correctly in BPA version 9.0.15.3, we will get this information added to SAP note also.

Regards

Adrienne

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have installed build BPA 9.0.11.1, and i can access it free of similar to CPS.

One system per isolation group, no process servers in Global partition.

What am i missing here?

thanks

Nanda

iñigo_rekalde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

I'm even more confused.

OSS support has tell us the same Adrienne says.

---------------------

"Apologies for the confusion caused; but there is no OEM Free version for BPA V9."

---------------------

But you shows  release 9.0.11.1 of Central Process Scheduling??? instead of Business Process Automation.

As far as I know there is no CPS 9, so I don´t understand what´s happened.

Best regards,

Iñigo

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to clarify, this was a fresh installation, not an upgrade.

...and i dont have an answer why that shows CPS.

thanks

Nanda

iñigo_rekalde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

I would like to send you a direct message, but I can´t send you a direct message until you follow me.

Do you mind following me?

thanks,

Iñigo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can now request a Redwood university instance (https://www.redwood.com/redwood-university/), free of charge, with RunMyJobs 9.2.9 - not for production use, of course. See the great new features in version 9.2.9 - worth it for the Catalog loaded with components that let you connect to SAP HANA HCP (HCI and IBP), Azure, Sharepoint... see https://docs.runmyjobs.cloud/?latest=Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

as to my knowledge, BPA is based/developed/versioned CPS 9.0. You can find the hint here:

A little bit down it says:

@Nanda: this is very interesting.... I also did a fresh install of BPA in September. After installation when I logged on for the first time, I only got to a licensing screen.

Following the installation guide I could not figure out how to get the free license.
I then raised a (lengthy) ticket with SAP with the final outcome: there is no free license in BPA.
Now - how did you get past the licensing screen ?

In my case: call localhost:50000/redwood ....   logon screen.
Enter logon data, ENTER, next screen:

And here  am stuck. The force request generation does not help as do all the other Contract Options. Register only calls a reedwod URL.

Would really appreciate any help, as we would like to test run BPA.

Best Regards,

Rainer Buchwald

iñigo_rekalde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raider,

Do you know the exact release that you have installed?

In the Nanda screenshot you can see two things.

• Release number 9.0.11.1. Not available now in the SAP Service marketplace.
  • Title bar “Central Process Scheduling” instead of “Business Process Automation”.

I´m not sure but I think that SAP, Redwood or both has decided to change licensing policy (and maybe the name) between release 9.0.11.1 and 9.0.13, and of course update the software to delete this option. Now you cannot download 9.0.11.1 and the next available version 9.0.13 there is no free or oem license. In the release 9.0.15.3 they are going to update the documentation to reflect this change.

What I don´t know is what is going to happen with customer that we are using the CPS
8.0 free version.

Best regards,

Iñigo

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Maybe SAP could offer you a free of charge, temporary, Test license if you require a test run, if you ask nicely, I am not sure if an OSS ticket ist the way forward, in any case, you might want to contact your account representative first.

Otherwise, you can test CPS version 8, OEM version. If you want to do SAP and non-SAP, you will a test license anyway.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo,

your Observation could be correct - yes I have 9.0.14 installed.

Well, you snooze, you loose ;-).

We will have to see if SAP can offer us a test license.

Best Regards,
Rainer