cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OXK3 - Coding Block - Add fields to BSEG (Expert Mode)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I added two customer fields in OXK3 - Coding block using Basic Mode. It added in CL_COBL, ACDOCA, CL_COBL_BI, FB50. FB01, FB60 etc structures, transaction and tables but it didnt added the customer fields in BSEG table.

Then I was looking to use Expert Mode in OXK3 to add customer fields but in Expert Mode - Add fields to BSEG is greyed out. I couldn't use Expert Mode for adding customer fields to BSEG. We need to have customer fields appended to BSEG also like other structures as it is required for SAP standard reporting as reporting data comes from BSEG.

Can anyone please help, why in Expert mode - Add fields to BSEG is greyed out? Or why in basis mode, new customer fields where not added in BSEG?

We are on Simple Finance, SAP suite on HANA.

Regards,

Sidd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

Well to answer your question inn short, if database changes so does standard report

If the data goes to ACDOCA, it should be made available in some form of reporting,

Kindly check with your business user and the exact report which they want to see

Hope this answer the question, if so please close the thread as that will help others search and find the correct solution.

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishab, I think I got a solution from the post from Joao as per the below link. In the below link Joao mentioned how he got the solution to this problem.

Custom Fields in BSEG not updating on FI docume... | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case with use of BADI_ACC_DOCUMENT I could able to update custom fields ACDOCA in table but when I try to run FB50 its not updating those custom fields. its just greyed out.On transaction level i cant see them to be appear, but i can see them updated in ACDOCA table.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Siddharth,

I checked your issue,

If you see the help node for this tcode, :-

" Your system is running on a HANA database with a transparent table BSEG. In this environment, you are no longer allowed to add the customer fields to table BSEG by means of modifications.

Instead, you have to add the include CI_COBL to BSEG using an APPEND. Check whether the table contains the include CI_COBL "

So you should not try to create a field by modification, but follow the above process of using CI_COBL,

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishab for your reply.

I added CI_COBL include using a APPEND structure in BSEG, and it got activated and CI_COBL include structure is now available in BSEG. But still when we try to post using BAPI using BAPI extension and BADI_ACC_DOCUMENT it doesn't update the data to the customer fields in BSEG, but it updates the customer fields data to ACDOCA table. I don't see any issue in BAPI mapping as I can posted using BAPI and data is flowing to ACDOCA table also for the customer fields only for BSEG its not updating from BAPI.

We need to have the data in customer fields in BSEG table because for standard reporting.

Thanks,

Sidd