integeration between pm & abap
I want to know all the common needs between the pm and the abap required to know what is required for me from abaper in enhancement - form -or report ..can advise me read specific things
Jogeswara Rao K replied
The title is very interesting one, because Integration is the word used between functional modules. But I could understand the query behind it. Entire SAP is based on 1000s of ABAP programs. So the word Integration is not relevant. ABAP is behind every SAP screen you visit irrespective of Module.
Perhaps you want to query this:
What all ABAP things (or Technical things) a Functional consultant is essentially required to know?
- First and foremost technical thing a Functional consultant must know is about Tables. What all tables are involved in the Tcodes he is using.
- Then about the Functional provision for developing reports, What is this? I am hinting at SQVI and SAP Query.
- Then about User-exits, to have checks during handling Masterdata (Equipment, M/Pts etc) and Transaction data (Notification, Order, M/Docs etc)
- In a little advanced stage he can know about implementation of BAdi's for the purpose of above checks or updating the above SAP objects automatically.
- Then about Function modules, which are small ready-made programs taking few input values from you and giving you the desired output (such as Status changes, NOCO of Notification, TECO of Order etc).
I believe when a Functional consultant knows these technical things, he will not only be able to communicate flawlessly with ABAPers, also will have a potential to write programs in ABAP if opportunity comes. For the first two point above no special authorizations are required. But for the other you need to have some ABAP authorizations, but I believe these are essential Functional needs.