Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Don't see _SYS_BIC schema in Hana Trial Landscape

Hello experts,

I'm using a Hana Trial instance (accessed via Eclipse on Mac OSX) and created a HANA XS Application as detailed in SAP Hana tutorial ( SAP HANA Cloud Platform ).

I connected successfully to the database in my p...trial account. I can see the _SYS_BI and _SYS schemas, but do not see the _SYS_BIC schema. That's causing a lot of access issues for me in previewing my data and refactoring views. I've tried to provide Select grant to the _SYS_BIC schema but it gives me an error stating I don't have privileges to do that.

Did I miss something during my setup? How can see the _SYS_BIC schema?

Thanks

Former Member
Former Member replied

I found a solution to my problem and I am posting it here.

In order to see _SYS_BIC, you need to run the SQL (Call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS")  AFTER deleting all tables in your Dev schema. I was running it with tables still in my DEV schema, and hence it was throwing this error. The second part is that I need to recreate these tables in my NEO schema, and not the DEV schema. 

After deleting my tables, I ran the SQL, and then recreated my tables in the NEO schema. Then I recreated my attribute view, and activated it. The _SYS_BIC schema started to show.

Hope this helps anyone who faces the same issue.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question