Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAPScript adjust total number of pages

So far the advice I have is 'forget it', 'convince the client it cannot be done' and 'change to Smartforms'... but I can't really let it rest. In the end it is just a variable that I would like to change, isn't it? Even if it's on an SAP 46C system

The issue we are having is that the client requested to insert a 'Terms and Conditions' page as second page in any invoice. However, this T&C page should not be taken into account when counting pages.

To get that to work, I can set the 'numbering type' for the page to HOLD. This has the desired effect on displaying the current page, but the total number of pages is still to high by 1. So in the end I have a final page stating it is 3 / 4, resulting in customers everywhere searching archives for an elusive fourth page.

I assume that when processing the form, SAP has to increment a counter somewhere to determine this value. When processing is done, it can proceed to print the total value to all pages. What we are printing is &PAGE(C)& / &SAPSCRIPT-FORMPAGES(C)&.

Tried the same with JOBPAGES, no difference.

Called a FORM from the T&C page trying to decrease the SAPSCRIPT-FORMPAGES value by 1, no luck so far.

I can't copy the value and print a variable, since the final value is only known after processing.

Is there any way of adjusting that value? Thanks in advance!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question