Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business layer

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried an adding to an SQL Query as new column obj in the derived table. Now already my DF has the some structure and universe has been already designed on top of it and created business layer also.

I can do changes to the fields present in DF layer. Now how do i reflect the same changes in fields either new addition/ removal of object from the Business Layer as Business layer creates folder as classes and objects automatically only once..

Thanks,

Dinya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by go with Insert candidate Key feature in Business layer.

Right click on the business layer name->insert candidate key & in last screen only select the objects which you wants to create.

other option is  manually create the objects in the business layer.As you said you have already the business layer and for some changes you needs to create some objects.

Right click on the class->New Dimension/measure object->map the table.object mapping.

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joseph_lara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try dragging the entire derived table or any of its dims into the universe folder pane of the business layer. That should create the universe objects. You can delete dims that aren't needed anymore directly from the same universe folder by right-clicking and selecting delete.

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Tried this already, you mentioned but i have some formula objects in to the class folder which i have to cut and paste..

Thanks,

Dinya