cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry keys for SAPGui command line option

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a SAPGui 7.40 Installation Server and I have built packages to be pushed to users. I have done some scripting previously and that works, including setting registry values for keys that already exist. SAP released Note 2229515 recently which says as a workaround to the error "Invalid GUI input data:ST_USER_MAX_WSIZE wrong data" you can set the command line parameter "/SUPPORTBIT_OFF=MAX_WSIZE". When you enter this command line option in the SAPGui options, it writes the value to a registry key under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options". We use Microsoft SCCM to distribute software and it operates under a system user, so setting entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER can be an issue, so I want to set this under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. But I must not have the syntax correct because I can't get it to create the registry keys. Here is what I have currently in my OnEndInstall and OnEndUpdate tabs for my package:

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event: Setting the registry key to use command-line arguments for SAP Logon Pad"

NwEngine.Shell.CreateRegKey "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLogon\Options","REG_SZ"

NwEngine.Shell.CreateRegKey "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\SapguiNTCmdOpts, "REG_SZ", "/SUPPORTBIT_OFF=MAX_WSIZE"

NwEngine.Shell.CreateRegKey "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon\Options","REG_SZ"

NwEngine.Shell.CreateRegKey "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\SapguiNTCmdOpts","REG_SZ", "/SUPPORTBIT_OFF=MAX_WSIZE"

Can anyone give me some pointers on creating this registry key under HKLM? I have the statement twice because we have both 32 and 64 bit machines. I didn't do any scripting to handle determining what the architecture is, but if someone has script examples of that I would appreciate that as well.

Regards,

Blair Towe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_leal4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Another slightly different approach is to insert this code snippet at the beginning of your script:

".....

If NwEngine.Shell.RegKeyExist("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP") Then

strSAPRegPath = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP"

else

strSAPRegPath = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP"

End If

..."

then use the string variable strSAPRegPath to build the full registry information, i.e.:

strUseBranding = strSAPRegPath & "\General\Appearance\UseBrandingImage"

Regards,

Daniel

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

I am not an expert in scripting, but can you try the excerpt below?

"...

If NwEngine.Shell.RegKeyExist ("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon") Then

// your code for a 64 bits Windows ?

End If

..."

I look at the registry of my Windows and couldn't find the entries above, only under current user folder.

I hope this helps,

Cris