SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is possible change Fund Center name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurús,

My new director wants to change name of some Funds Center. I am traying through FMSB on Master Data. But it is greyed. I need your support to know if there is another way to do it.

Thank you for your support.

AR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arturo, Checking your attachment and the field highlighted in yellow, I see that you call "Funds Center name" the key field Funds Center. Funds Center NAME is the field below (before Description) and it can be changed. Funds Center field cannot be changed as it is the primary key of the table. If you don't have postings you can delete it and create a new one. If you have postings, you can: 1 - Create a new funds center with the correct content 2 - Do a derivation rule to send all postings from old funds center to the new funds center 3 - Run FMN0 Even like this, I am not sure if you are not receiving errors in the steps above as it might be different years involved (carryforward), cancellations and other processes involved. I would not recommend to do that as it requires a lot of efforts in case there are postings already assigned to the funds center. Regards, Vanessa.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arturo, Checking your attachment and the field highlighted in yellow, I see that you call "Funds Center name" the key field Funds Center. Funds Center NAME is the field below (before Description) and it can be changed. Funds Center field cannot be changed as it is the primary key of the table. If you don't have postings you can delete it and create a new one. If you have postings, you can: 1 - Create a new funds center with the correct content 2 - Do a derivation rule to send all postings from old funds center to the new funds center 3 - Run FMN0 Even like this, I am not sure if you are not receiving errors in the steps above as it might be different years involved (carryforward), cancellations and other processes involved. I would not recommend to do that as it requires a lot of efforts in case there are postings already assigned to the funds center. Regards, Vanessa.