cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Billing output - using transmission option "5" (SAP standard way)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on the client site implementing SAP Worldwide template. The issue at the moment is on sending PDF output via external mail (transmission option 5). The limitation is on the availability of field within the main partner where e-mail ID will be captured - one field only c/o communication section->Address tab of General data. One section would be the Contact person tab of the General data where multiple entries can be maintained including e-mail ID per entry. The technical person of the client handling output wanted to find other standard options (not through multiple creation of BP or SH partners or even multiple creation of output types). He does not want also to resort to customized program thus he requested me to post this question hoping to get possible option using the SAP standard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cesar,

The business need is not clear to me. What does the technical analyst want?

The limitation is on the availability of field within the main partner where e-mail ID will be captured - one field only c/o communication section->Address tab of General data.

In standard, only the default (Standard number radio button activated) email address i.e. one email address, will be picked and email will be sent to it, even though multiple email addresses are maintained in General data, Communication, field Email.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

On the FI side, statement of account will be sent out via e-mail. BP or PY partner is only having one regular field for e-mail ID; same case on sending out invoices via e-mail. In my previous project, we handled this via a Z-table with list of e-mail addresses/IDs associated with a specific partners. The table is being read by the print program of the output (c/o processing routine). The steps we followed back then are:

1. Create a custom database table with maintenance – making both customer/partner and e-mail ID/address as key so that  multiple e-mail addresses can be maintained; set deletion flag so as to cater to future scenario where e-mail ID is no longer valid
  2. Add partner type and transmission medium
  3. Allow changes to the print program via FORM routine

The Technical Lead here (he's also an ABAPer) doesn't want to go the technical route. He requested me to post this here with the end view of getting a possible option by standard way (either configuration or master data maintenance).

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cesar,

So you are looking for one "place" where you can input all the email address of customer of BP, PY etc etc. This is not possible in standard.

In standard SAP, in a customer master you input the email addresses, but the program will pickup only the email address set as default. (not more than one email address will be picked)

In above case test1@gmail.com will be picked, as this is the default address. All these are maintained in customer master, general data, communication.

TW

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the recently released SAP Note :

2157639 - Sending Emails to Multiple Recipients Using Medium 5 (External Send)

and

960088 - FAQ: Sending SD messages externally

The Note suggests an Work around for the Output requirement in SAP.

Regards,

SRK

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SRK,

2157639 is interesting!

In output type configuration, set default as 7 Simple mail.

But in condition record, set transmission medium as 5 External send and maintain email addresses in communication. I don't see the link! The logic takes the transmission medium from the condition record, then how is 7 simple mail connected in this?

It will be interesting to see if a print program is assigned to transmission medium 7 or not?

Is ZML1 setup as an output type by SAP?

TW

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes TW,

You are right . The screens are wrong.

ZMIL (External Send ) and ZML1 ( simple mail) - Two different output types.

Regards,

SRK

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SRK,

none the less, please keep suggesting, these might be helpful. thanks!

TW