Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production version without rounting

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert ;

What I know is that the production version is a combination between a specific bom with a specific routing .

and I thought that I cant create a PV without specifying a routing which is not the case because sap allow me to create a PV without a routing.

so my question is what is the concept behind allowing creation of PV without routing ?.

I found in the community topics that in this case the system will use the setting maintained in OPL8, but actually there is no routing for my material so how I can create PV with only a bom?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano ;

how r u ?

U mean if I don't maintain  a PV system cant select a BOM ?

so please which solution is better in my scenario :

the case is : I have a subcontracting material which only a BOM is defined in my plant ( no routing )

solution one : create a PV without routing for this material

set selection method filed in MRP view 4 to 2

solution 2 : dont create a PV

set selection method in MRP view as blank( selection by order qty )

specially that when I create a PV without routing , system give as a warning message when cost calculation .

thank you .

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amal,

When you have multiple BOMs and routing , we need for PV.But in the case of REM and if your ECC is integrated with APO we definitely need PV.For  subcontract ,creation of BOM itself enough.If your Business is following PV for all the material,as a best practice we can create PV for this case also. Regarding Costing query system will always look for Quantity structure (BOM and routing),that is the reason it gives  warning.

Regards,

Velmruugan S

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

On your scenario you only need to create a production version if there are several alternatives and you want to select one specific alternative. If this is not the case, you should go for solution 2.

BR
Caetano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Basically, a production version without the routing is used to select the BOM.

On repetitive manufacturing it is not necessary to use a routing to post the backflush and you can still use a production version, to define the production line, select the BOM, etc...

Regards
Caetano