cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table for confirmed hours after posting to CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am looking for a table which gives me number of hours booked on a WBS/network activity. Booked either via CATS timesheet or direct confirmation of activity.

We are planning to use this hours for a custom report/program, but I want to make sure that I only pick it after it is posted to the WBS.

RPSCO I believe just gives me the Value, not the quantity?

I do see the quantity filled up in CJI3 for the labor confirmations. Which table should I use for quantity?

I think we can find it in CATS database table, but I want to pick it only after CATS-CO job is run and its posted as expense on project.

Please let me know if you hv any clarifying questions.

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use COEP, CO document line item table.  It is the lowest level of detail.  COEP will only have data after successfully posting to a WBS.  But for CATS time transfers it does not contain the workdate, only the posting date of when the time was transferred.

Are you looking for individual time entry dates to a WBS?

RPSCO is the PS reporting structure table that should match COSS, COSP (the CO summarization tables) but doesn't always, hence transaction CJEN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

No, I am not looking for work date. Posing date is good for me. I just need to derive the fiscal period.

As long as I get by CO document which has the Quanitiy (hours) and the period, I am good.

So COEP gives me that? Also what is the Object Number in the table, will it be the WBS or the Network activity.

We have people tracking time via CATS on network activity element and also some confirmation directly booked via CN27.

However, finally I just need it by WBS , Quantity (hours) and period

Thanks

Krishna

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

COEP will have the Network Activity Object number.

Try to use COSS and COSP first.

COSS and COSP will already have the aggreation by period.  That will save you a lot of work.

COSS is seconday cost elements, so it will have internal labor and manual confirmations.  COSP has primary cost elements, so it will have external labor.  The object number in these table will be the Network activity, so you will need to do the aggregation by WBS within your report.

As actual postings are made, COEP gets new records, and the records in COSS and COSP are updated.  So be aware of that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken.

I think Paulo also suggested the same.

And is there any particular naming convention which the OBJNR follows in COSS table? I dosent seem to match the OBJNR of network activity.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Object Numbers are all the same in all the tables.  It is the internal SAP key.

The Network Header, Network Activity, and Network Activity Element will all have different object numbers.  Finding them can be tricky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

When you say tricky..is it not possible? or its a difficult logic ?

Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Krishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok..I think its not as simple as its below, but this is what I found based your all your suggestions..

Start with the WBS and find all the child WBS for it

Then go to AFVC-PROJN with those WBS and get all activity and activity elements from AFVC- OBJNR

Take that OBJNR to COEP and get your actual quantities(hours)  from MEGBTR or MBGBTR ( not sure the difference between these two- both seem to have quantities captured)

It might be bit more complex logic finally but I think that's the way.

Thanks,

Krishna

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Please try an ABAP forum, it must be something very easy for many people there.  There is a better chance for a good reply regarding the algorithm.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Try using PSJ  LDB and do GET COSS1. This will get you all postings relating to a project with quantity. 

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I would disagree with Terence about CATSDB and CATSPS.

1. First it will cover only CATS and not confirmations outside CATS.

2. None of these tables will guarantee you that same hours are really posted (and for example not failed a financial document).

You should have all the quantities of what is really posted in CO line items table.

Regards,

Paulo

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I have given as he is expecting CATS database tables. We have another table CATSCO, where it will posted to CO.

We have used these tables to get the hours posted, i dont see why this cannot have the real hours posted. If the account assignment is made against PS, i am sure this will give the actual hours posted.

Regards

Terence

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

As I understood Krishna is asking about all the confirmations, not only those coming through CATS process.

Even if hours are marked as approved and transferred they still can fail a posting, that is why for example you have an error pool like COFC.

For example, when I transfer 100 hours from CATS to PM orders maybe only 90 hours will be reflected on PM orders as confirmed, since transfer to PM can fail and out of those only 80 are posted to CO, since rest will end up in COFC.  So, you will end up with 3 different quantities between CATS, PM, and CO.

Regards,

Paulo

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, your are rite, it will cover only part of it.

May be he has to check below on PS tables

Regards

Terence

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Have a look at COSS (secondary cost only - activity types cost elements), that should be enough unless you want a quantity roll-up according to the WBS-structure (from NWA to parent WBS).

Otherwise make sure UOM is the same everywhere and you can use PS summary tables instead.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo

Just to introduce something new to the requirement. Sorry about that.

I also want the date on which its posted, to find out the fiscal period from that.

Hours will be posted on different activity (via CATW and direct confirmation), I just want the total summarized on the WBS ID. I can summarize it using some logic, but to start with I am looking for a table which gives me Object # (network activity) , Hours posted and date

And this after its posted on the CO object.

Thanks,

Krishna

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Even in summary tables there always will be the Period field, no need to derive it from a Posting date.  From performance perspective it is always better to use summary tables when possible.

Have a look at this discussion:

Regards,

Paulo

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Check CATSDB or CATSPS

Regards

Terence