Promotion Management Issues with connecting Source sys and promote button
Appreciate if any one can advise me on these promotion management issues .
Brief about the system architecture and landscape:
- I am using promotion management form the detestation system.
- This is fresh new servers of SAP BI 4.1 SP06.
- We are using distributed system where with one server for application server another server as web server (tomcat) with webtier.
- Dev and production system are in different network.
- We do no have QA system.
- Issue #1:Creating job in destination system --> Trying to connect source system (Development) with Hostname:6400, Administrator and password. Then I am getting below error.
Resolution Steps taken so far and Questions:
- We already opened port in firewall request. We are able to telent <hostanme of dev> 6400 successfully.
- Tried to login source system using Hostname, cluster name and ip address.
- Tried login CMC in prodcution with hostname and Ip address.
- Do I need to apply SAP note 1628154? I see this note talking about Dev to QA with in the same network, Prod different network and LCA as centralized system. But our Dev and prod are in different network.
- Issue #2: No "Save", "Promote","Schedule" buttons when importing lcmbiar file.
- Resolution Steps taken so far and Questions:
- Exported required objects from Dev system in the format of LCMBIAR file. Then created job by importing LCMBIAR file.
- Now when I tried to promote job the Save, Promote and schedule buttons are not appearing.
- As per SAP note #1941033. I have tried to login CMC in destination system with hostname and IP address rather than cluster name. Also tried to login destination with hostname and ip address during the promote the job.
- We are able to see promote button in the source system (Dev).
Not able to attach sap notes. Here is the link: Dropbox - TEMP
Issue had been resolved.
Thank you for all your suggestions.
Both issues has resolved by opening ports from Destination web server to source reporting/application server in both ways.