Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Web Client for BPC 10.1 embedded ?

Hi,

as I understand it, BPC 10.1 embedded is the BPC version for BW on HANA. In this case you do not need to install any extra packages. All you have to do is make sure that certain services (SICF) are active and that the table RSPLS_HDB_ACT contains the entry BPC_ACT.

Now, I have been informed that, for many administrative tasks, the web client is required.

The URL for this client should be http://<hostname>:port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/bpcwebclient/index.html?sap-client=050

This is also the URL that was displayed when I tested the web service bpcwebclient in transaction SICF

But it doesn't work! I cannot open the web client.

I did find note 1971100, according to which I must also follow the installation steps under section 5 of BPC NW 10.1 installation guide ("Classic-Only: Post-Installation).

I found this confusing. For instance, to install the "EnvironmentShell", I must run the program UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT. This program does NOT exist in our system. Searching for this program in SCN, I read here that the reason could be that the BPC component and the SAP_UI component have to be consistent. BUT, I thought that for BPC embedded, I do not require the BPC component.

Do I need the SAP_UI component in BPC embedded?

Do I need the UISAPUI5 component in BPC embedded?

Which component contains UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT and do I even need the EnvironmentShell in BPC embedded?

Do I need the web client or can I perform the administrative tasks elsewhere?

I would appreciate any help I can get to unfog my confused mind.

Regards,

Martin

Tags:

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question