Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalReportPartsViewer

baonerges
Explorer
0 Kudos

Assembly file version: 13.0.15.1840

Using .NET Framework 4

I am following a tutorial so I can add the CrystalReportPartsViewer to my application.

Binding the Report

I want to set enableParameterPrompt = false;

It says the following:

4. From the Toolbox, open the Crystal Reports node to locate the CrystalReportPartsViewer control.

My issue is I do not see a CrystalReportPartsViewer at all. All I see is the following under Reporting:

Apparently I am supposed to have the "CrystalReportPartsViewer" under reporting. My references are as follows:

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You don't need the parts. That property is part of the CrystalReportsViewer property.

Don

baonerges
Explorer
0 Kudos

I apologize but I think you are mistaken Don. The property is in fact part of CrystalReportPartsViewer as outlined in the API below:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms226585%28v=vs.80%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

You are suggesting that I should be able to type out the following:

CrystalReportViewer crv ......;

crv.EnableParameterPrompt = false;

Could you please clarify what you mean?

0 Kudos

You do NOT need CrystalReportsViewerParts, you only need CrystalReportsViewer

baonerges
Explorer
0 Kudos

I see it now. Both the PartsViewer and the Viewer have the same property like below

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms226691%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

Why is it that it is not appearing in my application? I cannot use the property like below:

As you can see in the pictures above I have the correct references so I should have access to this property no? I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos

Open your form and click on the CRViewer, you can set the property their or in code....

And you need to use the right property:

Try ReuseParameterValues....

Don

baonerges
Explorer
0 Kudos

Okay I enabled reuseParameterValuesOnRefresh. I will test it and let you know. Hopefully this works so I won't be prompted.

I really don't have the EnableParameterPrompt property. Here are all the properties on my crystal report viewer. It isn't there which is very strange.

0 Kudos

I was renamed, likely that property was renamed. You are after all looking at a doc for VS 2005.

Don

baonerges
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was assuming since there was no updated documentation that the previous doc still stood. Could you tell me what it was renamed to? If not then I suppose I will mark this as answered based on what you have told me so far. It is strange that changes would be made to these Crystal Report classes but no documentation is given from SAP.

0 Kudos

Links for the SDK are on the Overview tab or you can find them by going to help.sap.com

That doc was for VS 2005, doens't mean it was rolled forward or valid for current versions.

Current version also hasd RAS available that VS 2005 did not have.

Samples on the the Overview tab also.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baonerges
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks again for all your help. Seems like the ReuseParameterValues is the answer to the prompt. I can't say why it was refreshing on me but as soon as I enabled the ReuseParameterValues option, it just took the parameters and has not prompted me since. Thank you so much again for all the help and patience.