Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EarlyWatch Uncaught Exception - Type conflict saving to check table

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently my EarlyWatch alerts have been failing. The SM:EXEC_SESS_X_XXXXXXXXXX jobs do not run successfully. They produce a short dump with this message:

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except.                CX_DSVAS_API_XXXXXX_XXXX (varies, see screenshot)

ABAP Program           CL_DSVAS_PROC_CHECK_GROUP=====CP

Application Component  SV-SMG-SVD-SWB

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_DSVAS_API_SERVICE_SESSION', was not caught and therefore caused a runtime error.

The reason for the exception is:Type conflict saving to check table (Value=&9.065.20&, Type=&D&)

Job log of the EXEC_SESS jobs:

Log of one of the canceled EXEC_SESS jobs:

Each EWA session produces a short dump shown here:

Detailed view of one of the dumps:

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Jason, You should be able ot cease these dumps withthe follwoing steps: 1) To resolve this situation, please follow the 'Solution' item 3-5 of SAP Note 1491227 and reset the SCU completely. 2) Then reactivate all the SCU updates, Regards, Paul

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

The latest SCU update resolved the issue for me.

Thanks Paul.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jason, The correction for this dump was delivered today (Nove 3/2015) via the Service Content Update. As long as this update has been applied, the correction will cease the dump. This will allow SM:EXEC SERVICES to process the service sessions that have failed to process due to this dump. Therefore the first run of this job may take longer than usual considering there will be a backlog of unprocessed service sessions. Thanks for the update on this Jason! Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

not sure which version of Solman you have. I had similar issue on SP13 and for me helped implementation of SAP note 2157617 - Dump DATA_OFFSET_NEGATIVE in Job SM_EXEC_MULTI_SESxx.

Monika

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Please review the following SAP Note:

2146574 - DSVAS: Access to processed session fails. Alias access during session processing fails.

Kind regards,

Ruth

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

That note looked promising. I implemented it into my DEV Solution Manager environment. I then made ad-hoc EarlyWatch Alerts to see if it resolved the errors.

Unfortunately, the new Earlywatch Alerts have the same error, and resulted in the same ABAP dumps after the note implementation.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Jason

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

See SAP Note: 2105862 - UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION dump with exception CX_DSVAS_API_CONTEXT_INSTANCE program CL_DSVAS_PROC_CHECK_GROUP=====CP which inlcudes 2068042 - DSVAS: Check tables in wrong order

Regards,

Ruth

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

I have read over note 2105862, and it indeed looks like the same error. As the note suggests, I implemented note 2068042, but unfortunately the EarlyWatch alerts still do not work and result in an ABAP dump.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions and thanks again for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

Jason

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

You can try the following if you think it is suitable:

1. Run transaction ags_update and verify that the service content is using the latest download data. If all the lights are Green, then this is fine.

2. Check if is possible to reset the session in transaction DSA. Please run this transaction and enter the session number and click on display. Right click on the session number and then select the reset option.

3. If possible, create a new session and check if this is helpful. It may be that the current session is corrupt.

Regards,

Ruth

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

Everything looks green in ags_update:

I have also tried resetting EWA sessions in transaction DSA, and creating new sessions by making new EarlyWatch alerts. After all of this, when I re-run SM:EXEC_SERVICES, the alerts still fail.

Once again, thank you very much for your help and please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Kind regards,

Jason

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Please also review SAP KBA 2007632 and apply SAP Note 2204824, you have already reviewed 2068042.

Many thanks,

Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Did you have a look at SAP Note  2204824 - DSVAS: New column and attribute type time stamp causes conversion error

The note talks about similar issue with type conflict.

Regards

Aditya Khorana

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

As per SAP KBA 2007632, I changed the Decimal Notation format for my SOLMAN_BTC user and then ran a new EWA session, but it unfortunately resulted in the same error.

I also applied Note 2204824 and created a new EWA session, but this also failed with the same error. Perhaps the errors are different, as my error lists “Type conflict saving to check table (Value=&…&, Type=&D&)” whereas the Note’s correction is for “Type conflict saving to check table (Value=&…&, Type=&S&)”.

Once again, I appreciate you helping me out with this issue, and please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Regards,

Jason

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

As I mentioned to Ruth, I have applied Note 2204824 but the error remained. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Jason Evans