Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable CMOD

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a user variable defined as following in query designer:

I can see  that this variable is processing by customer exit.

When i look for it in the include i can't find it.

Thanks.

Amine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Customer-exit Variable framework has changed as of BW release 7.3. The new BAdI RSROA_VARIABLES_EXIT_BADI is called in Function Module RRS_VAR_EXIT. Please refer to the following blogs for more information:

• ;

Last but not least, you can also have a look at my blog for an alternative approach.

Best regards,

Sander

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Thanks for those links.

I didn't know that those options exist. But i didn't found my variable in there.

Amine

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

Your Variable is "ready for input". So it will be processed at i_step = 1 which is the place to provide default values. Do you get any default values in the variable pop-up?

I suggest to debug in Function Module RRS_VAR_EXIT. Put a break-point here and then look how the customer-exit variables are processed.

If you do not have any default values and during debugging you did not experience anything for the customer-exit variable, then it is likely that no coding is implemented at all.

Best regards,
Sander

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

Amine

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine

It might be the case that the variable doesn't have effect in your query result.

They have created this variable but might not have written any codes. Please check the query result w.r.t this customer ex variable.

A cx variable can be created and its gets effect only when a code is written in CMOD

Regards

Karthik

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I has effect, because when i execute the report it ask me to fill a mandatory value 😕

Amine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hope you check the right variable exit -EXIT_SAPLRRS0_001 -->include (ZXRSRU01)? if, yes, then please just search in the include with the infobject variable name.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine

Go to the details table of this screen and check if its ready of input.

There are cases where a different variable is present for the same infoobject.

Customer exit variables are created only for calculations to find YTD or Last year data which will be based on another manual input variable.

Regards

Karthik

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

I also looked for ZXRSRU04 since it's a hierarchy, i can't find anything.

Amine

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Yes, the variable is ready for input.

Amine

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amine

Execute the report with some input for this variable and check its result. If its available as ready for input and there is no code written in CMOD, this is strange.

Your variable is a hierarchy node type. So there should be some code written for this. Please check in all BI systems including sandbox if you have. May be in quality or development, someone might have changed the code of CMOD.

To check if there is any modifications done to your include statement ZXRSRU01, get into it and click on Utilities in menu bar --> Versions --> Version management. you will see if there any changes done to the program.

Please explain what are trying to achieve by this as well. I meant to ask if the report is not working as expected or you are just curious to know about this

Regards

Karthik

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you so much for your advices.

Ok i will check in different systems. Actually i am just curious about the finctionning of this query, because i will do some modifications soon for my end users, and unfortuntely no documentation is existing 😕

Amine

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that's cool. Based on user requirements, you change the query and have it documented properly now

Let us know if anything else is required

Regards

Karthik