cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer pure substance values to real substances as a spec listing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Wondering if you can help me. In my previous role, there was a way to transfer maintained values you selected that were in the pure substance to the real substance under the tab 'spec listing' in the endpoint. I know you can do this individually i.e. by maintaining the pure sub ref number (e.g. PU1234) in that spec listing tab, but would have to do it by hand for every endpoint you wanted this component data to pull through on the SDS, and also maintain multiple instances for each component you wanted listed.

My interest is in showing non hazardous component data on the SDS, and was wondering is there a transaction as I was previously used to, or whether this must have been a customisation in SAP which is not offered either as standard or an add on?

Please let me know if I can explain further to help answer my question.

Thanks very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nick_valeriano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Eleanor,

Are you referring to inheritance? Like you want to use several Pure Subs to maintain the data that are to be used in many Real Subs? If this is the case then inheritance or referencing should be what you look into, below is a link for inheritance:

Inheritance - Specification Management - SAP Library

-Nick

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eleanor

I did not "100%" catch your problem. Generally. anything is maintained in e.g. CG02 and/or CG02BD.

Here you have some options to "simply" copy Data from "A" to "B" (A = Spec number, B = Spec number); as long as the property involved is the same etc.

Therefore: let us seperate the "SDS" display topics from the"maintenance" topic of a specification.

E.g. in most cases SDS layout is designed like. if a "spec listing" is used and more than one spec is listed there than the data for "all" of the specs will show up in SDS. You need normally not to maintain per spec an own data record (but sometimes you must do it like that).

Regarding": " there was a way to transfer maintained values you selected that were.." you did not describe this in details. Does the process use SAP standard or was it done by an "customer enhancement"

So with out a more "practical" example I can not help

C.B.