cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order-related / Delivery-related billing of item category TAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD guys,

when I use sales order with item category TAN, with Billing Relevance parameter = A (delivery-related billing)

i generate my delivery, then create the billing document

then, if I try to generate DOUBLE invoice from sales order for the same item, the system ALLOW me ! which is not normal

could you please explain this behavior

thanks

Sameh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam,

This looks like an incorrect behavior, goods sold should not be invoiced twice!

Veselina has raised many good points for further analysis.

1. I suggest you paste the screenshots of Tab status, order and delivery, at line item level. Only in order related billing, in the line item in the sales order, Tab status will contain field Order related billing status.

2. In standard SAP, TAN is for delivery related billing, and in VTFA (order related billing) TAN is not setup. So check if TAN is maintained in VTFA and analyze why?

3. After creating the billing documents based on delivery, can you create a billing document again with reference to the same delivery?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, it's reproduceable in our test environment

just to note well that I sell service TAD + normal material (component) TAN through the same sales order

please see VBUK/VBUP tables just after delivery creation (see document flow sent last posting)

VOV8 :

• for service TAD : CD Without delivery
  • for normal item TAN : CP MRP

VOV7 : 

• item category TAD, with Billing Relevance parameter = B (Relevant for order-related billing - status acc.to order qty)
  • item category TAN, Billing Relevance parameter = A (delivery-related billing)

thanks

SAM

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is quite fascinating - is the case reproduceable in a test environment?

For the time being I assume no major changes to customizing/developments/billing index recreation.

If the case is reproduceable, can you try to execute the process again and observe the changes in VBUK/VBUP for the sales order and the delivery after each step performed? In addition check how and when the documents (order/delivery) are added to VKDFS.

Also it would be good to share the relevant copy control settings from VTFA and VTFL.

Are these FI postings identical? Please share them as well if they are.

A screenshot of TAN from VOV7 and another of the order settings in VOV8 can be also useful.

In addition screenshots of the statuses of the order item and the delivery could help in the investigation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, it's reproduceable in our test environment

just to note well that I sell service TAD + normal material (component) TAN through the same sales order

please see VBUK/VBUP tables just after delivery creation (see document flow sent last posting)

VOV8 :

• for service TAD : CD Without delivery
  • for normal item TAN : CP MRP

VOV7 :

• item category TAD, with Billing Relevance parameter = B (Relevant for order-related billing - status acc.to order qty)
  • item category TAN, Billing Relevance parameter = A (delivery-related billing)

thanks

SAM

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For now the order VBUP looks normal.

Did you check VKDFS for entries with the order and the delivery number?

Does the issue occur only with VF01 or also with VF04?

What happens after delivery GI with VBUP for the order and the delivery?

Please share the requested screenshots of VTFL and VTFA.