cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of CrystalReport project crash VS 2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem of conversion of Crystal Report from VS 2008 to VS 2012.

Only 1 file seems to have the problem. Only 1 file aspx is still not converted : so he is in version 2008 (this aspx reference to version 10 ... not 13)

All other CrystalReport files are converted.

As a consequence ... until this file is not converted ... CrystalReport ask me to convert ! (at solution loading).

If i say "No conversion" ... all is ok in my project ... and i can use new functionnality of CR.

If i say to convert this last file ... VS2012 crash !

Il i delete this file from directory (in web project there is no prj file) ... VS2012 crash as well.

If i undelete this file with old version ... CR ask me to convert ... i click "No" and all is ok.

All other aspx/cs files are in version 13 and cause no problem.

(my VS2012 is in Update 5 - but pb was same in Update 4 - and CR is 13.0.2000.0)

(my web project is in Framework 2)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tristan,

Can you still open the report in Crystal 2008?  If you can, verify the database and in the File menu, make sure Save Data is unchecked. 

Try running the report in 2008 and see if you get any errors.  Something is different between this report and the others.  Is there a subreport or images in the report?  What database is this report connecting to? 

If you open the report in VS report designer and try to preview the report, does it run or does it crash?  What error do you get if it crashes? 

I find it interesting that if you delete the report from the directory your application also crashed.  What error do you get when the program crashes? 

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

A new thing important :

I've just checked what happen if i pass my project (web) from Framework V2 to Framework v4 ...

And when project is in v4 ... all is ok.

In .NET2 ... Visual Studio 2012 (cause of CR conversion) crash like i said, just after solution loading.

Answers (0)