cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does System.out.println in NDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a bunch of System.out.println statements in my code so I can see the status of various variables in my code as I'm testing.

When I run the code locally in NDS I see the output in the Console window but it only seems to show the last 1,000 lines that were output.

I'm assuming that there is also a file somewhere that stores ALL the output.

Does anyone know WHERE that file is?

Thanks!

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I don't expect NWDS to have an additional file for this (you could very easily check this just by searching your HD for some text which has been printed into System.out).

Anyhow, you should be able to change the PrintStream to where System.out is printed by using System.setOut(PrintStream out). This of course can also be redirected into a file. See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/System.html

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Detlev,

Thanks for your quick response.

I did the search and you're right: there is no other file.

I did know that I can change the "destination" as you described but I was trying to avoid it. : )

Do you know if there is some configuration setting anywhere that controls the max number of output lines that will show in the Console inside NWDS?

Thanks!

David.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i do not think this has anything to do with SAP. However i have not used NDS myself since I do not do development. Maybe there is some configuration option somewhere in the tool itself.

Regards,

Siddhesh

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I'm just at home, no NWDS at hand, but Eclipse (3.0.1). If this wasn't changed from Eclipse 2.x to 3.x and if it wasn't changed from Eclipse to NWDS, you will find the setting under: Window -- Preferences -- Run/Debug -- Console -- Limit Console Output (uncheck it).

If not, probably somewhere around that. If you don't get it, please re-report, I'll check it then at work.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Detlev,

It was exactly where you said. That's what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

David.

Answers (0)