cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Information from VBA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to collect the current sp or addin version from excel using VBA?  I see FPMXLClient.CheckVersion, but that doesn't have any methods to actually provide a version.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my mind - no way... at least in the current EPM version!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An update - Since the Addin doesn't support the ability directly I wrote something that provides the data leveraging MDSN supported libraries/objects:

VB Functions*********************************************************************************

Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002

Function EPMVersion() As String

'https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394600(VS.85).aspx

strComputer = "."

Set oReg = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{51B053BE-48DD-41F9-A9B1-1C2C02C8F676}"

strValueName = "Version"

oReg.GetStringValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, strKeyPath, strValueName, EPMVersion

'MsgBox "Version:" & EPMVersion

End Function

*************************************************************************************************

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but looks like the exact location in the registry is Windows version specific...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for trying it Vadim - We only have had 2 client versions broadly used so if this doesn't provide results I'll anticipate they are on the older version. 

You're on SP22 or 23 aren't you?  What's the File version metadata tied to your FPMXLclient.dll file? Example:

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

Just an FYI: (Not directly linked to your query)

With BO Advanced Analysis Office 2.1, now the EPM and Analysis for Office are delivered as one product and your approach might not help right away. If you are going to have a mix of different add-ins, you need to adjust your code accordingly as even directories will be different too.