Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Advanced Data Processing

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to use the Text Analytics (TA) on HANA.

But we are not able to activate or install this Option.

Can someone help me, or is the Option always installed and we only need the correct license ???

Thanks a lot

Simon

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Server_Installation_Guide_en.pdf

●SAP HANA options provide additional functions you can use together with the SAP HANA base edition. To use the SAP HANA options you need a dedicated license for the options you want to use (see disclaimer below). SAP HANA options are:○

SAP HANA Accelerator for SAP ASE○

SAP HANA Advanced Data Processing○

SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering○

SAP HANA Enterprise Information Management○

SAP HANA Predictive○

SAP HANA Real-time Replication○

SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming○

SAP HANA SpatialCautionSAP HANA server software and tools can be used for several SAP HANA platform and options scenarios, based on the available SAP HANA licenses and the SAP HANA landscape.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

the Text Analysis functionalities are part of your installation, so you do not need to install no additional components for that.

But for productive usage you need the additional license.

Best Regards,

Florian

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

thanks for your answer.

Okay, but this maschine is only a test-System, are there other settings possible to test it ??

regards

Simon

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Test is allowed on your test system. Just use it, there is no switch to turn it on/off.

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning,

thanks for your answer and i checked again, our Admin assigend the system as a developer-system.

BUT , i'm not able to find the TA.

Is there anything else that i need to define oder to activate?

Thanks again for any help.

Simon

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are you exactly looking for? For the XSJS text analysis API? If yes, it is part of SPS10. Are you already on SPS10?

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

not really. I want to create a FULL TEXT INDEX with the "Voice of Customer" Configuration.

I'm searching for the "hdbtextconfg" files, like the following Screenshot in this thread.

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your above screenshoot it cannot be identified how your structure looks in package sap.hana. Is there a sap.hana.ta.config package? Even if you do not see it, it does not mean directly that it does not exist. A reason could be that you have no repo read privileges for the package.

Did you try to create a full text index using the EXTRACTION_CORE_VOICEOFCUSTOMER configuration for example?

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

we are now on SP10 and now it works. Yes we tried to execute the VOiceOfCustomer.

Now it works and i'm happy, thanks a lot!!

Have a nice Weekend! 

Simon

Answers (0)