Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO / MB1A - G/L hidden in MB1A but not in MIGO

Chris_Lumb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please could you help me with a question about MIGO?

When I need to adjust up stock in MB1A I just enter the plant/storage location, movement type - then in the next screen the material and quantity. This saves and when I check MB51 and double-click into the relevant line I see a display screen from MIGO, I can see here that G/L account (KONTO), Cost Centre (KOSTL) and Profit Center (PRCTR) have been automatically populated.

The KONTO, KOSTL and PRCTR fields are not visible in MB1A - so they must be determined by SAP - I assume.

I debugged and I can see this happens in the Process After Input (PAI) in screen 0410 (I think) in MB1A.

When I use MIGO (Goods Receipt, Other) I do the same process I can under the "Account Assignment" tab that the G/L, Cost Center and Profit Center are all empty. When I press save I get a message saying "Enter Cost Center".

I'm trying to use MIGO instead of MB1A but this is stopping me. I understand that we could make KOSTL/Cost Center a non-mandatory field in IMG/SPRO - but I'm not sure if this would help.

Does anyone have an experience of this? Thanks, Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to read OSS note 778256 - MIGO: Changed field selection customizing

and the related note 1459249 - MIGO: Required Fields not right set for some movement types

as in general the behavior should be equal in MIGO and MB1A

Chris_Lumb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen, I used OMJJ to make the cost center field optional. Upon saving the G/L account is getting set automatically for the movement I'm using - it seems to be behaviour we already get with MB1A.

I appreciate your help, thank you again (and thank you to Jagdeep for your help). Chris

Chris_Lumb
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think the "automatic" filling of cost centre G/L account is maintained from transaction OKB9 - should anyone have the same query

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you might me using 201 as movement type, now system will not adopt cost center automatically until it is coming from some user exit or from the reservation if you are using one.

Default cost center is not possible for movement type 201 as per my knowledge until you are using some user exit or reservation as reference.

Chris_Lumb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying Jagdeep, It's a copy of a SAP standard movement type I believe. It starts with a Z.

It's just strange that this works in MB1A, seemingly as SAP standard. So do you think a user exit is required?

Thanks, Chris

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris .. but there must some set of rules in place but it is not driven from standard SAP. I assume these are coming from user exit or some non SAP logic