Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create HANA CDS View from SAP Netweaver 7.4 without XS engine

0 Kudos

Hi,

As in code push-down mechanism, i am able to create stored procedures from SAP Netweaver in the form of AMDP without HANA XS engine.

Like is there any way to create CDS views from SAP Netweaver using ABAP without HANA XS engine.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarineTchoutouo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

As mentioned by Christian above, AMDP and CDS can only be created in ADT.

Here some additional information:

As of ABAP 7.4, you can create HANA entities (stored procedures and views) from the ABAP infrastructure using ABAP Managed Database Procedures (AMDP) and ABAP Cored Data Services (ABAP CDS).

AMDP procedures (and functions as of ABAP 7.5) are currently only supported on SAP HANA (primary database). They have to be written with the SQLScript Language.

ABAP CDS is supported on all databases. So, you can create a CDS view from AS ABAP without having HANA as primary database. (... unless you make use of some of the few HANA-specific features" )

Kind regards,

Carine

5 REPLIES 5

christian_seitel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

do you use SE80 or ADT () ?

In ADT in project explorer there is option 'New ... DDL Source' for creating CDS views.

Regards, Christian

0 Kudos

Yes Christian, i am able to use ABAP and created CDS view from ADT. As per my requirement i need to create CDS view in background.

0 Kudos

Hi,

what is your use case ?

If you are aiming solely at the DB-views (which are created from the CDS-Views) and your coding only needs to run on HANA then using ADBC might be an option.

If you have a CDS-view serving as a template this approach might look like:

NEW cl_sql_statement( )->execute_query( |select definition from views where view_name = 'ddic_name_of_template_cds_view'| ).

NEW cl_sql_statement( )->execute_ddl( |modified SQL-create-view command just retrieved| ).

CarineTchoutouo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

As mentioned by Christian above, AMDP and CDS can only be created in ADT.

Here some additional information:

As of ABAP 7.4, you can create HANA entities (stored procedures and views) from the ABAP infrastructure using ABAP Managed Database Procedures (AMDP) and ABAP Cored Data Services (ABAP CDS).

AMDP procedures (and functions as of ABAP 7.5) are currently only supported on SAP HANA (primary database). They have to be written with the SQLScript Language.

ABAP CDS is supported on all databases. So, you can create a CDS view from AS ABAP without having HANA as primary database. (... unless you make use of some of the few HANA-specific features" )

Kind regards,

Carine

CarineTchoutouo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I forgot to add the link to various Getting started materials for ABAP for SAP HANA (Tutorial, guides, videos, ...):

Kind regards,

Carine