cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable edit buttons in notes block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

There are not edit and delete buttons in notes block for activity and opportunity documents like screen shot below.

what should i do in this situation? which route i can use?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Utku,

I miss on your screenshot the Assignment block heading bar, it looks like the side slider is shifted down. You should se the heading and the Edit button there:

If it is not there or it is greyed out, maybe your user has no authorization for that particular object.

Quick test - try to open the activity via SAPgui (use transaction CRMD_ORDER). Can you access and edit the note there?

It could also be that the main text box is actually logged text (therefore it will always disappear after document save) and the content is inserted into another text object, text log.The text log cannot be edited and it is read-only.

Regards,

Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Dawood for your answer.

Well how can i create edit button like your screenshot in assignment heading bar?

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Utku,

you should not create, it should be there. If you do not have the button there then either either your system is modified OR you do not have authorization to switch to edit (I would expect to have the button greyed out there but maybe it is hidden).

Do you have the authorization to change the object?

Try it as I suggested - run transaction CRMD_ORDER in SAPgui, click the folder button

(or Shift+F5) and enter number of the activity. Then check whether you can switch the document into edit mode .

If not then bingo - you have no change authorization.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dawood.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seems you don't have authorization to that particular block, maybe this is part of your current business design, check with your security consultant.

Thanks,

Venkat.A

former_member202965
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, Utku.

This problem is easy to solve by the customizing in spro:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide-> Customer Relationship Management-> Basic Functions-> Text Management-> Define Text Determination Procedure.

Choose the text object CRM_ORDERH and click on the Procedure in the Dialog structure. Then choose your text det procedure and remove the attribute R Display Log from the field Changes of your main activity text. 

Let me know if it will help.