Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel VLPOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, everybody!

We use differential invoicing for our business processes. Our docflow looks as
follows:

Outbound delivery -> Provisional invoice -> POD -> Final invoice.

In some cases, when the final invoice has not created yet, we need to cancel POD (for
example, the date was set incorrectly). But we cannot do this without
provisional invoice cancellation. Error message appears: VL186 Delivery is already fully invoiced.
Nevertheless, invoice status in delivery is B.

So, in reverse docflow we have different sequence: Provisional invoice cancellation
-> POD cancellation -> Outbound delivery processing.

I assume this is not correct. What should we do in this situation?

Regards Gulzhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is provisional invoice? Which document type or settings you are using for this billing type?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

N - Provisional or Differential Invoice.

Then we set VLPOD, after that we create final Invoice - billing type - "O".

But before creating of final invoice sometimes we need  correct date of VLPOD, so when want to correct system doesn't allow change date of VLPOD, because in flow has provisional invoice, although operation of VLPOD was set after creating provisional invoice.

Regards, Gulzhan.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Billing type N and O is not standard. I think you are talking about some custom invoice before creating actual invoice. Is it so?

Why don't you just take print of delivery document and print Provisional Invoice on its smartform? What is the need of creating a provisional invoice when there is no accounting document involved in it?

Is it some legal requirement of your country?

You can eliminate the use of provisional invoice by printing delivery document as provisional invoice.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry , but N and O is standard.

We use differential invoice.

1) when we ship goods create the provisional invoice with preliminary price;

2) when goods deliver to customer price can be change so at this case we create final invoice with new price at the date of POD, but before we have to set date of POD.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Which system, release you are working in? I can't see N or O in my system in VOFA transaction code. Could you please confirm this?

When you ship goods you can print these from sale order pricing conditions.

When goods are delivered and pricing changed, you can enter new price directly in invoice provided that system is configured in this way.

There is still no need of creating an additional invoice only for printing purpose.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying!

We have the SAP ECC 6.0.

We can't now to change business process, it is built in the beginning, and they need this flow of docs, purpose is not for printing.

I can't understand standard logic, why the POD date we set after invoicing, but for  changing we have to cancel iinvoice.

Regards, Gulzhan.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is also standard behavior that we need to cancel the billing document if we want to change something in preceding document.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although the operation of setting date of POD was after creation invoice?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my information we can't do invoice if VLPOD is not done. System gives error message if we try to invoice before doing VLPOD.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gulzhan,

You can create new routine and assign it to all combinations of copy control.

Also you may create new program to change dates using FM WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2.

But, both u need a abaper support

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer!

Sorry, but I didnt clear about routine, how creating of routine allows cancel VLPOD without cancelling Invoice.

Regards, Gulzhan!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gulzhan,

Please refer following document posted by

Regards,

Mahesh