Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO Publication LOG-FILE

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when a publication failed and i open the log-file, i have always the problem that the information in there are really bad.

Can someone tell me, how i can find out which publication instance failed ?

I scheduled the report based on a webi-list with around 2000 recipients and i'm not able to find the failed credentials.

Can i use the ID -> (ID: 7,765,961) to find something (maybe a folder)  on windows-level ??

Thanks a lot

Simon

2015-10-21 11:10:52,645 INFO  [PublishingService:RunInstancePool-659] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_7765945 - [Publication ID # 7765945] - Running publication instance.

2015-10-21 11:10:52,739 INFO  [PublishingService:RunInstancePool-659] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_7765945 - [Publication ID # 7765945] - The global delivery rule for this publication was met; publication processing will now begin.

2015-10-21 11:11:35,716 INFO  [PublishingService:HandlerPool-72] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_7765945 - [Publication ID # 7765945] - Loans returns overdue (id 7,765,961): com.businessobjects.js.processingsubsystem.procreport.ProcReportException exception, Message: The data source is invalid: 'Failed to retrieve the cube for connection SD_M001.'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to solve the problem. (CRS 300003)

2015-10-21 11:11:35,747 ERROR [PublishingService:HandlerPool-72] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_7765945 - [Publication ID # 7765945] - Scheduling document job "returns overdue" (ID: 7,765,961) failed: The data source is invalid: 'Failed to retrieve the cube for connection SD_M001.'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to solve the problem. (CRS 300003) (FBE60502)

2015-10-21 11:56:46,708 INFO  [PublishingService:RunInstancePool-659] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_7765945 - [Publication ID # 7765945] - Publication scheduling complete.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Well, even I agree with you for the problems with log files. It never shows the complete information.

We do have an option to enable tracing on the Publication job server, I believe it will provide the detailed information about the scheduled publication.

You would just need to add "-trace" without double quotes in the command line of the publication job server. This is for BO 3.1 version, BI4.0 onwards you would need to change the log level from unspecified to High from the properties of job server.

~SwapnilY

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SwapnilY,

thanks for your reply.

Is there really a "Publication Job Server ", or is that the "AdaptiveJobServer" ?

Please have a look on the Screenshot.

Thanks

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

My Bad ....We get Publication Job Server in BO3.1.....BI4.0 onwards Adaptive Job Server will have the Publication Scheduling Service. Please refer the screenshot below. You would need to enable tracing on AJS.

~SwapnilY

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SwapnilY,

no problem, this quick answer helps to clarify...

One last ramp-up, to be sure that we talk about the same settings.

I entred the -trace and restart the server.

Are these settings for the auditing okay ?

When the publication now failed i will take a look at the following folder ->

E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging

jobserver_SAPBOP.AdaptiveJobServer_CrystalReportsSchedulingService_CHILD1_trace.glf

and search for the timestamp of the "glf" file, or how can i find the detailed information ?

Thanks again

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

We use that switch (-trace) in BO3.1 only, I have never used that in BI4.1. You are using BI 4.1 SP04 so you would find the below option in the properties of AJS. You just need to change it from unspecified to HIGH, the severity of the trace depends on you.

So remove the switch "-trace", change the above log level and restart the AJS(For changing the log level we do not need to restart any service but here we would be removing a switch "-trace" from the command line which will need a restart). Tracing will be enabled on AJS.

Now, lets come to the Auditing part. I really cannot tell you whether these settings are fine in your environment or not.

Those are events what we need to select as per our requirement. So if you think capturing that much events is fine for you then keep it as it is or else select the events what all you want to be captured in the audit database.

Yes, this is the directory where AJS will create the trace files. You would need to search few keywords in the trace files like failed/error/userid etc.

Hope that helps

~SwapnilY

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding auditing, i would suggest to capture all the common events like view/refresh/modify etc, if the system is production system.

Publication failure- You should see a log in the failed instance. or you can check in logging folder as well.

Can you verify if the reports runs fine by itself, instead from publication.

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the good description.

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

that is exactly my problem, the Report runs fine for 700 times and one failed and the log file has only the Information (see my first post) faild.

But which instance failed ????

Thanks

Simon

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sounds good, i will test it.

The DSLBridge Service is not hosted at the APS.

Where should i place the Parameter?

Thanks

Simon

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SwapnilY,

the logging is now high, i have a lot of logging files.

My publication failed again and i'm not able to find the logging information.

I searched for error and faild but no entries.

So is it possible to find the logging information regarding the incorrect schedule in a few minutes, it is not possible for me to search to each file and scroll throw 1000 lines of logging.

Can i find or match the Instance no "7810859 - [Publication ID # 7810859]" to some log files ??

2015-10-26 10:37:24,156 ERROR [PublishingService:HandlerPool-76] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_7810859 - [Publication ID # 7810859] - Scheduling document job "Overview User" (ID: 7,810,885) failed: The data source is invalid: 'Failed to retrieve the cube for .'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to solve the problem. (CRS 300003) (FBE60502) 

Thanks Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Well, that is it.....we will have to go through all the lines

Did you stop the logging when the error has occurred? or it was still enabled?

I have heard that SAP is going to improve the publication's log files for the dynamic users but this will be introduced in SAP BI4.2.

To reduce the log files you can sort them according to the time span when the error was encountered.

Sort the log files........This is the best we can do while playing with them.

~SwapnilY

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SwapnilY,

thanks for your answer.

I imagine that there is no better solution...

We will see at BI 4.2.

Have a nice day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Here is the link for Whats New in SAP BI4.2.

You, too

~SwapnilY

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos