cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan cost inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues, I need some help from you.

When we plan costs in a network activity, the parent WBS element will also show those costs in a report(cost element, for example). My problem is that when I physically delete the network activity without first removing the planned costs, the costs will keep showing in the report for the WBS element. That is a big inconsistency, in my opinion, but SAP says that this is normal behavior.

Anyone knows how I can avoid this? My users want me to do write ABAP code to delete those planned costs from the WBS, but I do not want to go so far and would prefer an easier solution.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Can you please cjen tcode.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vengaiah, I tried CJEN before, but it did not work.

I just read some SAP notes and apparentely there is a correction report called KPOR_DEL_ORDER_CORRECT which resolved this, but I am still confused why SAP does not have this as a standard behavior. Maybe my system is missing some notes.

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre, All Others,

So what is a best practice here if we want to delete a network activity? How can we remove the planned cost from activity?

regards,

Ashwini Pingle

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

From SAP point what ever the program does is absolutely fine.  Reason is , you done the project planing with a activity and after that due to business reason you have created a new activity and deleted old activity. But the best practice is make the old activity plan cost to zero  and lock the activity and created the new activity. In this case there will not be any inconsistency. Advantage of the best practice is that you can use change documents for changes in your project plan. Which will be helpful in future project planing.

Thanking you

Vengiaah

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oi Alexandre,

Just as idea you can schedule this correction program in background, even though not sure how often the described situation takes place and if you can get any smart selection criteria for this utility.

You can also implement an enhancement that calls it automatically upon network saving when some NWA are marked for deletion.

Regards,

Paulo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alexandre,

The best practice as mentioned by Vengaiah is simple. You Need to clear the costs before deletion or locking. It is in simple Terms, throwing away your old wallet with Money in it. But this Money Shows in your value lost but instead you Need to remove the Money and throw the wallet.

Regards

Vittal