cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving error BA235 for WM transfer orders

0 Kudos

I am trying to run archiving in SARA for object RL_TA.  It runs fine in test mode and gives me a spool list with all the orders that would be updated.

However, when I run it in Production mode it fails on the very first transfer order.  There isn't anything wrong with the order as far as I can see, and from the job log it looks as though the problem is with updating the archive file.

The job log shows this:

21.10.2015 12:03:00 Job started                                                                                                                          00           516

21.10.2015 12:03:00 Step 001 started (program RLREOT00SN, variant Z_ARC_TO_10000, user ID MATTHOL)       00           550

21.10.2015 12:03:00 Archiving session 000050 is being created                                                                             BA           276

21.10.2015 12:03:00 Start Archiving Run                                                                                                              KEN_01         004

21.10.2015 12:03:00 1 Transfer Orders Archived                                                                                                   KEN_01         004

21.10.2015 12:03:00 Following an error, an operation was carried out on a handle                                                    BA           235

21.10.2015 12:03:00 Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE                                                     00           564

My first thought was archive file size, so I checked the technical settings in object-specific customising and I can't see a problem.  I have the maximum size set to 500MB and the max no. of data objects is blank.  I tried increasing the size and entering a value in no. of data objects, although it shouldn't be necessary, but the result was exactly the same.

I've searched SAP online support.  I looked at SAP Note 1137327 and checked my settings.  Again, I couldn't see anything wrong.

I would be very grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.  I haven't come across this before in Archiving.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I personally don't have much idea however I see couple of existing thread with the same error message. One of them is mentioned below please have a look might be helpful

https://scn.sap.com/thread/906147

0 Kudos

Thank you Manish, you have solved my problem

Although that thread was referring to an IS system I was able to work out where I needed to look and I have found the error. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The long text to the message has a clear advise.

Go SE91, enter message class BA and number 235, click display. In the next screen select the message and click the long text button.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen, thanks for responding.   I had already looked at the long text for BA235 in the job log.  It tells me that there has been an error, but unfortunately it doesn't tell me any details of the error, or how to find them.  There are no earlier errors in the job log.  So it isn't possible to follow the advice to contact SAP with precise details.

It reads:

Diagnosis

An function module from the Archive Development Kit (ADK) was called after an error had occurred in a previous call. Consequently, the processing by ADK was terminated.

Procedure

If the current program is an SAP program, contact SAP with precise details of the error. If the current program is a customer program, you should adjust the program to avoid this error.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But this is not your fault if the logs do not have more info, it is the weakness of the SAP programs. And hence you can't give them more than you have, and they are the only ones who can fix their program errors.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,  It wasn't a program error.  The cause was an incorrect customizing setting in the logical file definitions.  So all I had to do was change the setting.  If I had raised a query with SAP Support it would have taken far longer to resolve.  By the way, there are some SAPnotes relating to this error message, but none of them mention checking the logical file definitions.