cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCR for calculating a deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am a beginner into PCR's and Schema. Recently I got a requirement from the client for a deduction PF(Pension Fund). It is only need to show in the RT and need not deduct from the employee as it is only from employer side.  I wrote a PCR for that. Once we keep a record with the 2036 wagetype in infotype 14, it will run as per the requirement. Calculation was correct and in RT amount has deducted correctly. But while posting part, if employee has retro, then, it is showing several amounts in PCP0 line item display and FI is getting wrong value which is almost triple of actual amount.

PF is 6% of the basic. That is wagetype (1001+1004+1006+1007)*6%. Wagetype 3008 is the total basis for PF.

Below is the PCR which I wrote.

Am getting the below amounts while posting to FI.

In the above screen showing several amount which created while posting.  Retro also added to post.

Below is the posting characteristics of the wagetype.

Please help me to correct it.

thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When did you first create this PCR and in which month's payroll was it first called?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Tania,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have created the PCR from July month payroll. Same  has posted to FI more amount and I advised user to do manual posting.

regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. If you created it in July, there should be a check that the PCR is called for periods July onwards. I think what happened is that since this check is missing, if payroll runs retrospectively, the deduction gets computed for past periods too. Since the previous results for the past periods do not contain the wage type and the latest results do, the posting programs posts wage types differences for each past period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tania,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me how to put this check mark and which operation I need to use for this.

regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)To check the period, create a new PCR using the CMPER operation. Click on F1 on CMPER and you can understand the syntax. Your PCR will be as:

CMPER 1504          

<

SCOND=F IF

SCOND=T IF

Above we are comparing the for period with period 04 of year 2015 (assuming July is period 04 of 2015, if not change the last two characters accordingly), if the for period is less than July 15, the PCR returns False. Else it returns true.

2) Add the above PCR to your schema as:

IF <new PCR>

<call your PCR created effective July>

ENDIF

You can also add an else part if there some other PCR being used prior to your changes:

IF <new PCR>

<call your PCR created effective July>

ELSE

<call existing PCR used prior to July>

Please note that doing this will not reverse the error in posting since those payroll results are already updated. It will only prevent this from happening going forward. Also it will have the following impact for employees for whom the error already took place:

e.g. In period June, for period June - No deduction since PCR was not used

In period July, for period June - Deduction was computed by your PCR e.g. 1000

In period July, for period July - deduction was computed by your PCR e.g. 1000

Hence the deduction got posted twice (1000 for the July value, 1000 as the retroactive difference for June)  

If you make the above check on for period now, and trigger a forced retro effective June in your next payroll, the impact will be:

In period Oct, for period June - No deduction

System will compare this with previous June results(1000) while posting. Retroactive difference will be -1000. Hence 1000 posted wrongly earlier will get reversed in the next payroll.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

As Tania asked, the rule which you have created is a new requirement which your client had told you to do.

but before this how the Er PF part was getting processed in both payroll and in posting.

if this is a new rule you should ask the client whether it should have any impact in the previous period also.

if the rule is not supposed to have any impact then you should create your pcr based on effective period.

Thanks & Regards

Saroj Hial

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The retro amounts which are appearing here is actually deductable from the employee in the current month salary?

regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

Thanks for the reply. I need only deduction for last month. I do not need to include previous moths.

regards,

Anil