Fund Reservation check for decimal fraction difference
We are facing few issues with Budget Check during Goods Issue in MIGO.
“Open amount from document XXXXX 001 exceeded by .61%”
We create Material Reservation on XXXX date for an item in Store. System creates Budget Reservation on the same date with respect to the Budget available and calculating the price of the item on that date. This item is maintained with Moving Average price which keeps changing with change in Material price. Hence, the material price at the time of goods issue changes.
Even though the Budget on Goods Issue date is available or is less than .0123 BBD (Barbadian Dollar), which occurs due to price difference of the item, the system throws error message.
“Open amount from document XXXXX 001 exceeded by .61%”.
System calculates the price differences between Budget Reservation and the Material Price as on Goods Issue Date and checks upto 1/100000 decimal differences. In general any decimal value should be rounded off and Budget should not block the Goods issue due to differences in Decimal.
Work around Solutions:
1. Increase the Budget in T Code FMBB by .0123 BBD and try posting the MIGO.
Result: Still system throws the same error message.
2. Change the Unit Quantity of the item to 100, 1000, 10000 in Material Master in order to remove the differences on decimal as a result clearing the budget check.
Result: We are able to resolve only 50% of the issues with similar error.
3. If the Error is still not resolving even after changing the Unit Quantity of the Items in Material Master, then we are changing the Goods Reservation date in MB21 to the Goods Issue date.
Result: 99% of the errors are getting resolved. However, there is still 1% of issues remaining unresolved.
4. Now inorder to resolve the final 1% of the issues, we change the Material Reservation Date in MB22 to previous date of Goods Issue and then change it back to Goods Issue date. After this we try posting Goods Issue in MIGO, the system accepts and posts the document.
The above solutions are temporary and not resolving the problem completely. Also, these steps have lot of manual intervention which should be automatically done by SAP instead.
- Is it possible to convert the Budget Exceeding error message to warning message only when there is a decimal difference between Budget Reservation and Material price during goods issue. Example- 1/10,1/100,1/1000,1/10000 decimal spaces.
- Will there be any impact on other processes.
- There is inconsistency while system checks the budget only in some cases.
- System is throwing error message for differences in 1/10, 1/100, 1/1000, 1/10000 decimal places. @Eli Klovski
If we can resolve the above 2 problems, that will stop the issue permanently.
Please suggest how can we rectify the above issues.