cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How storage bin gets assigned to outbound delivery automatically.

0 Kudos

I have a scenario where we have two Production orders of different type. i.e; one Production order is having Alphanumeric characters in it and the other Production order is having only numeric characters. The length of the Production orders number range is 12.

This is actually created by us based on our requirement.

As we know the Storage Bin in WM will have only 10 characters, when delivery is created then the only 10 numbers of the production order Number range gets assigned to the delivery.

Now we created two deliveries against these two Production orders using MB1C with movement type 261.

1) The Delivery which is created against the PWO having alpha numeric characters (9999ABCD9999) is getting assigned with automatic storage bin of the first 10 digits (9999ABCD99).

2) The delivery which is created against the PWO having only numbers (999911119999) is getting assigned with automatic storage bin of the last 10 digits of the PWO (9911119999).

Because of this system is causing in consistencies during GI for the deliveries. we are getting an error as " Storage unit data is inconsistent with the transfer order data".

Can you someone let me know from where will this Automatic storage bin assignment occurs in a delivery-->picking tab at item level? and how will the system pick the data?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We checked with SAP and as per them, this is the standard SAP behaviour.

i.e; Whenever a PWO with alphanumeric charecters is created, system by default will take the first 10 digits in it and will update in the storage bin field of the outbound delivery. But if a PWO is having only numeric charecters, then it will only take the last ten digits into the storage bin field. We have done a code change to compare the bins based on the PWO number during goods issue. This had resolved our issue.
Thank you all for your commnets.

0 Kudos

The storage bin is getting from movement type level as we have enabled the SCR indicator for the destination bin. So system while performing the Goods Issue against a PWO, as mentioned in my above thread that it is not getting the destination storage bin correctly.
I.e; It is getting either the last 10 digits of the PWO number or the first 10 digits of the PWO against which we are doing the Goods Issue.
We have a customized transaction which we use to do the goods issue.

In the error case it is checking the source Storage bin against the destination storage bin and it is throwing an error as there is a mismatch between these storage bins.

So my question is How will system create the dynamic storage bins automatically? Is there any extra customizing required for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally I would revert your change to increase the PWO to 12 digits. I cant imagine any business requirement that would actually make that worth the effort of customizing every thing else that might be impacted down stream.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of point which are not clear from your post whether are you following the TR--TO route to transfer the stock from Warehouse to Line side or Delivery route also

MB1C with movement type 261 -- MB1C is for Goods receipt , MVT 261 is for Goods Issue hence the correct t-code is MB1A or MIGO

To pick the storage bin is coming from the movement type at WM level

SPRO----LE---WM---Activities------Define Movement type

error message "Storage unit data is inconsistent with the transfer order data" if this is SU related then that error should come during WM process and not the GI of Delivery moreover you talk about production order which means Receipt whereas you are trying to do Goods Issue

so in my opinion your thread is not clear what actually you expect from system or misleading to us to provide you the right solution