Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD URL - Pass SFC data

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

The requirement is operator would enter the SFC number and i have to pre-fill with operation and resource data the SFC currently in queue in the POD .

One solution i am currently trying is to create HTML page in SAP MII  Which would read the SFC number and get the current operation and resource  using the API and opens the POD URL by passing the SFC ,OPERATION and RESOURCE but the  SFC parameter is not working .

I have read in the older discussion that SFC can't be passed but want to know is there any alternative approach to achieve it without SDK development.

Thanks,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

The original idea behind passing Operation and Resource as parameters in POD URL was the ease of opening PODs from shortcuts on Windows desktop. In such context, it does not make any sense to pass SFC because no one will create a POD shortcut for a single SFC.

However, now you are going to use this feature from MII that was not originally meant. Even if you found a possibility to achieve this without customization, this feature is not covered by the design and thus there would be no guarantee that it would not be changed within a next patch. That's why you would rather refrain from going this way.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

In a new version of ME (15.1, which is in Ramp Up phase), you will be able to send a notification message and set values in the fields of a POD. Perhaps, it will be useful for your customizations. For more details, please, check 'Notification Message Design Guide SAP ME 15.1' guide at help.sap.com/me

Br, Alex.

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Alexander . will check the guide and come back if any questions .

Regards,

Kishore